Liar

Well... I'm sorry i hadn't updated in... Almost a year...? Yeah. I'm sorry.

I'm now trying to catch up with all that time i wasted not posting... So yeah.... Be prepared to see some serious posting around here and my other stories.

I felt like puking, but I knew that if I did, the people in the living room will hear me and I wouldn't be able to explain that.

Why is my life so complicated??

I take a few deep breaths and put a pleasing smile on my face. It seems a little forced, but it will do.

I straightened my dress and pulled my blazer closer to me, making sure no bruises peeked out.

I walked out and looked around to make sure everything goes smoothly.

As I walked further into the room, people looked at me and some people started approaching me.

I panicked a little but the conversations went smoothly.

We talked about the packhouse , children, new restaurants in town am pack management.

As I was talking to people, I didn't realize pretty much everyone made a circle around me and I was talking to pretty much everyone.

"I have been meaning to ask you for a while now, you said before that the pack members 'don't like you'. What did you mean by that?" The beta of the Shaded Pack asked, making everyone stop and wait for my answer.

I looked at the curious faces surrounding me and i think you could see my gears working at high speed, trying to make up a credible lie.

"Oh... About that... Not everyone here likes me. I happen to be... Difficult at times and most of them happen to see only that side of me. It's not really a big deal." I lied smoothly, keeping the smile on my face.

They 'ohhed' and 'ahhed', then started cracking jokes again.

Phew.

As I was talking to the ladies present, I glanced to the wall, seeing the big clock we had there, saying that the food needed to be served a while ago.

"I'm sorry ladies, but my duty calls for me. I will make sure that I will catch up with you later. Goodbye. " I said, bowing to them in respect.

They bowed back, thing that really surprised me and made me feel quite self-conscious.

What was I doing?

It wasn't the time to enjoy myself! Especially when it's with these kind of people! They could have my head on a silver platter if they wanted to!

I jogged towards the kitchen, seeing Amber on the way, looking nervous and uncomfortable as a guy from our pack was hitting on her.

She caught my gaze and I pointed to the kitchen.

She nodded, then brushed off the guy, meeting me half-way there.

I needed all the help I could gather. There are hundreds of people in here!

I put on an apron and took the big plates and placed them in the middle of the very long table, covered in white cloth and nice cutlery.

After I put the first course on the table, I went into the backyard, seeing Alpha Victor enjoying himself with the other Alphas present.

I waved my arms widely, catching his attention, then he put his mind block down.

'The food is ready to be eaten! Anytime from now on is good to come back inside. '