Sibling Quality-Time

Hey. I know these are short, but i'm posting a lot now so...

Enjoy!

👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾👾

"Hey." I heard a voice far away, seeming to be a little irritated.

"Hey. Wake up." The voice spoke up again, closer this time.

"Iz. Wake up or I'll throw you out. And let's not forget that we're into a tree." The voice said, very close now.

I cracked open an eye, looking at my right to put a face to the voice and saw my brother Ryan standing there, with a hand on my shoulder, shaking me, quite gently surprisingly.

I jerked and hit my head with the corner on the little shelf we had in here.

"Fuck!" I yelped, cupping my forming bump with one hand and lifting myself up with the other.

"You ok?" He asked, looking really concerned.

"Yeah. I guess.... What do you need me to do?" I asked, knowing that if he woke me up he wanted something from me.

He looked hurt a little but then he put on a blank face and pointed to the trap leading to the exit.

"I need you to get out. This is my place. I built it with dad. You have no right to be here. " he said coldly, shoving me towards the trap.

I shrieked because he grabbed me by the arm that was really bruised up and swollen.

He immediately let go but that didn't stop him to push me away.

I opened the trap and got my legs out, but didn't get out. I couldn't.

I had my back at him and asked in a small voice.

" I was there too, you know?"

He responded with a confused sound and I felt him shift.

"When we built the tree house. I was here too. Painting the walls in a bunch of colors to make it look more fashionable. " I said nostalgically, brushing my fingers along one of the edges of the floor.

" Mom was so angry with us when we decided to live there and got changes of clothes to the tree house and snacks and everything. We had everything planned out. " I let out a short pained choked laugh, already feeling my lungs closing in and eyes burning. "But that lasted just for one night because it started raining and lightning was flashing between the clouds and we were both getting scared. Lightning and lollipops were your only weaknesses back then. " I continued, staring at the ceiling full of paper cranes hanging from it,voice getting coarse and I was having trouble talking normally. "But even then, you hugged me and said that it'll be ok, that we will be ok. You told me not to be afraid. And strangely, I felt safe. Even though I knew you were more scared than I was. But I knew you would protect me no matter what. " I said, my throat feeling scratchy and my tears were flowing again."when we had enough courage to get down and get inside, mom and dad were already waiting for us with blankets, hot chocolate each with 2 marshmallows and cream. Our favorite. We never got tired of that shit."I continued, sobs threatening to come out.

I breathed deep and wiped my wet cheeks.

"But that was in the past. Right?"I laughed dryly, wiping the last of my tears and starting to climb down the ladder leading down.

"Why are you telling me this?" He said tightly, as if he had trouble speaking too.

I didn't look his way. I couldn't.

"I don't know. " I said breathily, feeling stupid for sharing that moment with him. He didn't care.

"To remember me when I'm gone as the sister I was to you then,I guess..." I said past the sob that was in my throat.

He didn't say anything, so I started climbing down and walking towards the pack house, but stopped when I heard my old nickname be called.

"ST!"I looked back and saw him sticking his head out the glass less window.

"What did you mean by 'when I'm gone'?"

I smiled and just shook my head.

"You'll know."