The Man Who Was The Moon

A young man said he wanted to eclipse the sun. This he did indeed do, but at a great price. "To do that," he said, "would be, oh such fun." He had only thought how it could be nice.

He would go each day to the forest to play. He would jump up again and again. He would stay jumping until the end of the day. Sometimes he would even lose his way. When he was he was done he would cry above the din.

I'm not finished yet!" He would cry every night. "This is not over, my course is set!" All he could do was fight. Always he would go home muttering, "This just is not right,"

When the boy would go home he would sit and sulk away from his family and friends. He kept to his cycle which seemed never to end. He would look to the sun, and wonder just why no other stars shone in the sky.

"He went crazy," they said, "He's lost his head!" He lost all his belongings over this one small thing. He said it was nothing for what it would bring.

One day when out in the woods he found the tallest tree. He climbed and climbed for days on end, for that would set him free. He thought he could eclipse the sun. He truly did believe. On one glad day morn, this he did receive.

He had climbed to the top. The sight he saw he did see, it made his stomach flop. He saw his home, his land, and the grasslands grime. To jump from here and disappear, he thought, would be no crime.

He jumped he flew he even did a dive. He looped he lopped he felt truly alive. He at once knew that this would fulfill his life long goal for which he did strive

He flew up, eclipsed the sun. Yes, this was the best of fun! He grabbed his feet his feet and spun and spun. He thought it would be more fun, but he turned into the moon. He didn't know his fun would end so soon He shined the suns rays for his family to adore. Until he'd eclipse the sun once more

(* take out for kids' tale version.)(His sanity his life, his home, he left behind forever alone. After they were sure he had died, he really hadn't of course, but no body knew he helped the tide when they paid their respects to a non existent corpse.)

My tale is not finished. I'm not nearly done. For I am the man who<, as he said, has> eclipsed the sun.