Chapter 2

Feather After 2 // Chapter 2 // You Look Hot

Surprise dedication: @xdewdropx

Aria's POV

The three magic words can hold different meanings in people's life. I hate you, I love you, etc. "You look hot," were the three magic words. These three words had been running in my mind after I had returned home from dinner with Nanna. It is 12 o'clock now, and I'm trying to complete my chemistry and physics assignment which are due tomorrow. By 1 o'clock I somehow managed to complete my chemistry homework except for the last question which I had no idea about. I didn't understand it. And now I planned on copying it from someone who had done it.

I removed my glasses and rubbed my eyes. I was very tired and my knees and calf had started to pain indicating me that It was time for me to sleep. My favorite pass time and hobby. I, Aria Rhett have the ability to sleep anywhere and everywhere. That's a god's gift. When I was six or seven years old, my mother told me once, that when I was with them in China and had won a baby sleeping contest because I had slept for 27 hours straight. I believed it then and even had asked for a treat for such an achievement. ( I don't know, but I think I was given a drug or something).

If there was a subject for sleeping, I know I would have gotten a straight A. Anyways that wasn't possible. I studied that chemistry assignment again before stuffing it in my bag. I took out my physics assignment and seeing the numerical, I felt like I would faint. Without giving it a second glance, I stuffed it back in my bag. I got off my seat and yawned.

I climbed on my bed, removed the cover and laid down. It was a heavenly feeling, I tell you. I closed my eyes, wishing that I could sleep straight through the semester. I wish I could have only opened my eyes when the semester was over and I had full belief in me, that I could survive the final year.

I opened my eyes, wishing it was 3 o'clock in my morning. Only then, I could have had three more hours to sleep. I moved my face and I froze when my eyes came in contact with Nanna. She was standing on left side of the bed, with her arms crossed over her chest and a frown evident on her cream colored face.

I closed my eyes, again. I started calculating, Nanna was standing on the left side of the bed. She was blocking the view of the window. The same window, I fell in love with when I first came to this house. The window gave the best sunset views. My room was towards the forest side, opposite the front door of the house and even the main road.

On the right side of my bed, was a bathroom attached which further opened into my closet. Although I did not own many pieces of clothing, my walk-in closet which was bigger than the bathroom itself, was empty. That side of the room was empty. As in, Nobody was standing there. I peaked at Nanna again and discovered that she was still there. Her frown had turned into a scowl. I removed my blanket and sprinted towards the door of the bathroom with full speed. "Aria!" I heard Nanna shout, I knew she was surprised. She did not expect me to do that. Usually, I was very lazy but today was different. She ran towards me but it was too late, I had already closed the door of the bathroom.

My problem was not yet solved. I know she was gonna eat my ear off when I go down to have breakfast. I got my toothbrush out of the holder, washed it with water and put some Colgate toothpaste on it. No. 1 brand in the world. Nanna was a strong believer of it and according to her, no other toothpaste could be as good as it. I started brushing my teeth whilst I filled my bathtub with hot water. I spit the white foam and rinsed my mouth.

I pulled my hair up in a bun, I am not that kind of person who washed their hair every day. I had a mutual understanding with my hair, I washed my hair every Sunday. And today was Monday. Lucky hair, unlucky me. I quickly climbed into the tub and in no Time climbed out of it. In no time I was wrapped In My towel and I was proceeding to move towards my closest. I looked at the clock. It was 7:20. I had a good amount of time in my hand. I dried my self and wore my favorite black pair of jeans and my pink polo shirt. I slipped my black flip-flops and pulled my jet black hair in a high ponytail. I grabbed my school bag and my phone. I wore my frame-less glasses and walked out of the room.

I walk down the flight of stairs and entered the kitchen which was attached to the dining room. I saw Nanna waiting for me and she smiled at me when I saw me. I sat on the fully furnished dining table which was made of the expensive woods of the Indian Himalayan trees. It was all a big massive waste. The table which could accommodate more than to fifteen people was always empty. I ate my breakfast quietly and she didn't bring the topic up. Neither did I. She kept an eye on me while I ate.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked her with my mouth full of chocos.

She looked at me, I knew something was going inside her mind which I was not aware of. I was sure either she didn't want to tell me or she didn't know how to tell me. I didn't push her. If she didn't want to tell me it was okay. I finished my breakfast and left the house for school.

My driver was waiting for me in the car. I had no options but to do as everyone had told me to do. I had to go to school with a driver and some security guard who sat next to the driver. I had asked the driver to stop the car a few blocks away from the school. I didn't want anyone to see me with all the expensive things. I just wanted to be normal.

I walked through the doors of my school. I walked straight into my physics class. I saw the whole class was full and Mr. Harrison was already teaching.

I stepped inside the class and Mr. Harrison looked at me, through his thick-rimmed glasses.

"Look who thought of showing up." He announced in the class sarcastically.

The whole class looked at me and then at Mr. Harrison. Some started laughing at me and some didn't care. Students gave me a mixed reaction. Then I remembered what Mr. Harrison was talking about. He was going to take an extra class from 7:00 in the morning to 8:00. It was already 7: 58.

"Step out of my class," he said and I obeyed.

"I'm so-" I tried to say. I had forgotten about it.

"Meet you at detention" he said and slammed the door at my face.

What a way to start the day.

Outfit illustrated by MIA_Rainbows