Chapter 9

Feather After // Chapter 9 // Kick Princess's Ass

Aria's POV

After Mrs. Robinson told me that he was my partner, things were not going so well. The school was over and we were still sitting in the English room, while he figured out what he wanted with his life. I had missed all my classes in hope of getting it done as soon as possible.

"Please just do it," I asked him again.

"No-" he replied like he always did and then looked at me.

To my surprise for the first time, now I realized that he is the same guy who drove me to the hospital and he was behaving like he didn't recognize me. That was okay, I guess. It didn't matter much. He was the same guy who had jumped into my hospital room the other night. I remember what had happened. He came like a wave of wind and disappeared like one as well.

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and then looked at him. He was very annoying. His looks were okay, I guess but his attitude sucked. He didn't do anything I was telling him to do. He was like, say whatever you want to say, I ain't listening.

"Please, my grades depend on it. What do you want?" It was Mrs. Robinson's fault. If she would have given me a nice partner instead of this lazy ass, We would have done something. And it was his fault as well because as he decided to show late in the class, (after the class was over) she thought that the best way to make him understand his mistake was to ask him to complete the assignment which was initially scheduled the next week.

"I don't care, oh. Will you do anything?"

"What does anything include?" I asked him. I don't know what was going in his mind, but whatever it was, I didn't like it. He continued giving me those looks.

"First of all, I'm hungry. I cannot function without food." He said, pushed his palms together and clenched his fist and yawned. With his mouth wide open. His muscles flinched, it was visible even though he was wearing a jacket and I pretended that I didn't see his muscles move.

"Let's go," I said and stood up, "let's get some food in your stomach. I want your brain working," I walked up to the door and to my surprise, he was standing up.

He followed me silently, otherwise, I would have dragged him outside. My grade was the only thing that mattered. I had a great idea in my mind. The cafeteria would have been open. It always was, even one hour after school. I had thirty minutes in hand. I could easily buy something for the little princess and get the poetry out of him.

I turned and looked he was standing there and not moving. And I thought he was moving. I glared at him, hoping he would get the signal and move but no, he stood there and glared back at me.

The nerve of this man. I wanted to kick the little princess's ass. It was unbelievable. I nodded and walked. He looked at me and didn't say anything. I walked up behind him and then put my palms on his back and I started pushing him forward. This was the most wired thing ever. My ass was in the air, with my hands on his back and my head hanging with between my hands.

He then started walking, with me being an external force. When we were on our way through the corridor, he stopped and said, "I want to use the washroom."

I didn't say anything. I wanted to beat his ass, right then. I wanted to stab him with a knife or better bury him alive. Or even fry him in oil. I sighed and then we tried left, opposite to the direction of our school's exit.

We finally reached the washroom and it was closed. A small lock was hanging on the doorknob, and it was impossible to turn the knob of the door.

"Please, can't you wait?" I asked him.

"No, it's an emergency. Go call the janitor."

I did not want to fight so I went to call someone to open the door. Generally, all the faculty members were on the opposite to the canteen which was in another block. I walked there and then I found nobody there. I wanted to call Mrs. Robinson but I couldn't. It would have been too childish. Even if I had called her, what would Have I said.

Mrs. Robinson, Ignatius is not working with me. I will kick his ass if you don't tell him to behave?

I walked back to the hall and into the reception which was in the third building. I walked into the room, and I asked for the keys of the men's washroom. The receptionist was new. She was not ready to give me the keys. I told her I wanted it for Ignatius but she did not listen and said that it was a prank and that she knew that I wouldn't return the key. After another number of please and request, she went to get the keys from, the key box. Then she came back empty handed and she told me that she did not have the keys.

What was I supposed to do, then? I walked all the way back to the place where Ignatius was standing. He was leaning on the wall, in front of the toilet with his jacket lying on the floor. He was in his white t-shirt. His tattooed arm was visible from very far away. Both his arms were almost covered in tattoos. I'm not a big fan of tattoos but he looked handsome.

Then I saw what I had been running for almost fifteen minutes for. The keys. He had the keys and he was just doing it for fun.

"What kind of a joke it is?" I screamed. I was not trying to get angry but now everything was blown away. It was his fault and I didn't care anymore.

"A nice joke," he suggested and shrugged. Well, he could see that I was angry so he didn't say anything. It was the only smart move he had made since the time we had met.

"Let's go," I told him and almost ran all the way to the cafeteria. I pulled Ignatius with me. After grunting and grumbling, we reached the cafeteria. Finally, he was going to get his food and I was going to get my poetry.

We reached the canteen read the sign which said, closed.