Chapter 17

Feather After // Chapter 17 // I Don't Like This Game

Aria's POV

Nice real nice. So I had to get up from my seat and walk towards the centre of the class. I took a deep breath and rubbed my hands on my jeans because my hands were already sweaty. I took a deep breath again, and looked at everyone.

Everyone was looking back at me. I tried to smile but then I miserably failed. I gulped the saliva in my mouth and cleared my throat.

I looked at everyone. Misty was encouragingly smiling at me while Ignatius just sat there with that usual smirk plastered on his flawless face.

"M-my name is Aria Rhett," I said and looked at Miss. Psychologist. She nodded and I continued. "I'm 17. I don't like this game." I smiled and I saw some other students smile as well. "My favourite colour is black and I like reading books." I thanked God because this thing was complete.

I walked to my seat and saw Ignatius smile at me. I rolled my eyes and sat on my seat. He thought he was hilarious but clearly he wasn't. Sense of humour was making general things funny and not making fun of people and things related to them. These days insulting and humiliating others was considered funny and it wasn't exactly nice. It was plain rude and disrespectful.

"So who is next?" She said and I looked around the class. Nobody was interested, nobody. Everybody was looking at each other. I had to go and do it because of Ignatius otherwise I wouldn't have even bothered to do it. It was okay I guess. At least I wouldn't feel like I was insulting her.

"Please I just want to go away. Why can't we stop it? Nobody is interested in this little game of yours," Joe seemed to pour his heart out and although I kind of found him annoying it was nice that he had pointed it out. Miss. Physiologist either didn't get it or even if she did get it, she chose to ignore it instead.

"Hell yes!" I heard Ignatius say. I was surprised that he didn't use his vocabulary of r rated words this time. He was improving and I was happy for him.

"Why are you guys so tuff?" She asked the class and sat on the teacher's table with her legs dangling down. She pressed her palm backward on the table and leaned back. She glared at the whole class. I knew she was angry but she couldn't do anything. When students didn't treat their subject teachers nicely, she wasn't going to be treated nicely either, she should have known that at least.

I leaned back as well. I then put my head on the seat rest. I heard a screeching sound but I didn't bother to look who did it. This class was full of lunatics and I suddenly had time for no one. I suddenly felt someone breathing on my neck. I knew who it was, Ignatius himself. I tell you what, this guy gave me mixed signals and I didn't know what to do with him. I didn't want to fight with him in front of everyone so I let it be. I could deal with him later.

Gossip travelled faster than light.

That's what I had learnt in this school. Mark my words. It does.

Suddenly I heard the intercom come to life. Somebody tapped it, to make sure if it was working, I figured it must have been the faculty member there in the principal's room. I was thankful they didn't start saying, 'microphone check' on the intercoms which more or less sounded like 'microphone cheek'.

'I want attention of everyone, Ignatius Hudson please report to the principal's room immediately. I repeat Ignatius Hudson please report to the principal's room immediately.'

Everyone turned and looked at Igantius, and so did I. He didn't look scared at all. He looked chille as if there was nothing to worry about. I saw him, leaning on his chair with his palms resting on the backside of his head. He looked fine, as if nothing had happened to him.

I looked at Misty and she looked at me. Something passed between us. I shrugged and she nodded as if she knew something and she had promised to tell me about afterwards.

He got up and moved. He started walking forward and he suddenly stopped and turned around. He looked at me and nodded. I raised my right eyebrow at him. I couldn't more my left one. It didn't work.

Maybe it was not me but somebody else. There were a lot of students around me. I just ignored him and behaved as if nothing was going around us. He walked out of the class and leaving the students curious. It felt like he already knew what was going to happen like he was mentally prepared for it.

In no time the class ended, Miss. Psychologist climbed down the desk and left the classroom, before any other student could. Maybe she was more curious than everybody else. Maybe she was just angry that she couldn't control a bunch of 11th graders.

My next class was physics with Mr. Harrison who didn't like me back at all. It was all because I was late at the extra class and maybe also because I wasn't able to answer the questions he had thrown at me. Even when I did answer his question, he thought I was insulting him so he gave me detention. No matter what I did, I got detention and once he even kicked me out of the class. So I had decided that I would keep my mouth shut the whole time.

"I will talk to you afterward, I have physics. I can't miss it. Mr. Harrison likes to give me detention," I told Misty and practically ran towards the physics room. When I reached there the door of the room was surprisingly closed. Generally, he was inside there waiting for students to arrive. Maybe he was not well. No other students were there yet and maybe I was a little early.

Suddenly my eyes fell on the note posted on the door of the room.

No physics class will be held today. Revise Page 187 and 188 before the next class.

Mr. Harrison.

Only he could have only given a message like that. I turned around and walked towards the English class. I reached there in no time and Misty was still standing there talking to Joe. I thought she didn't like him. She looked at me and smiled. She quickly dismissed Joe and walked towards me.

"Am I seeing a ghost or are you really here?" She teased me and started poking me.

"I'm here, drama queen," I said while trying to dodge her pokes. I was a very ticklish person. I got it from my mother. Even if someone touched me I started laughing. I tried not to laugh. I knew Misty that if once she got to know I was ticklish she would poke me whenever she could. I knew it.

"No physics today?" She asked me and leaned on the wall in front of the English room.

"Nah, apparently, he is absent today and it is very strange. He never gets sick and he makes people sick," I told and Misty smiled at my joke.

"I heard something. I don't know if it's true or not but Ignatius is in big trouble. He did something very wrong. I even think that the police is involved."

"What?" I asked. I couldn't believe it. I never thought Ignatius could do something wrong. He was a nice guy even if he was bipolar.

Before Misty could say anything, I saw something through the upper part of the door of the English room. Ignatius was walking with two policemen trailing behind him they were leading him towards the school's main gate. Everyone had stopped where ever they were. His hands were cuffed and he didn't look ashamed at all. He walked with his head held high.

Ignatius was getting arrested and he had no shame and guilt about it.