Chapter 53

Feather After // Chapter 53 // Hopes And Aspirations

Aria's POV 

"Nanna?" I said when she picked up the call in a single ring. I wasn't shocked because she had often shown and said that I; was her first priority and there was nothing more important to her than me.

"Are you okay? Why are you-"

"Nanna!" I exclaimed and continued, I didn't want her to start, "I have to tell you something, listen carefully-"

"Aria, I'll be there in five minutes, please don't tell me you punched somebody, oh god, Aria, I told Manchurian to not teach you that, why on earth would you do that?" She half shouted on the phone. I could hear her going from one place to another and then knocking something down the table in that process and I just smiled.

"Nanna, listen to me, I have not punched anybody, I-"

"Then why did you tell me you did? You're becoming naughtier each and every day, oh god, Aria, then why have you called me? Don't tell me you have left something in the house, we don't have-"

"Nanna! I did not forget anything, now listen to me," Nanna overreacted so very easily when it came to me. First, she thought I had punched someone, and then she scolded me. When she realized that I hadn't punched anybody, she scolded me again for telling her so whereas I hadn't even said a single thing to her. All I could do was shake my head and nothing else.

"I have volunteered for helping in the old age home," I told her and I waited for her response. I heard her take a deep breath and then she put her hand on the phone. God knows, what she was up to now.

"Where are you going?" She asked me after I heard a lot of hushed talking from the other side and she continued, "Take care of me, I'm getting older day by day."

"The one which is closest to my school, we're going there," I told her. Hopefully, she did not have any objections with that.

"And who are we now? Is it a boy or a girl? Send me their mother's number, their pictures, and their names. In case you don't pick up your phone, I'll call them. Oh, yes send me their full names. Ask them what their parents do," I head her tapping her foot on the floor. I could imagine her frowning.

"Do you want me to message their shirt and shoe size as well? I'll be back soon, don't worry. Ask Manchurian to meet me there like in two-three hours. We'll just serve lunch and don't worry I'll be home," I told her, hoping that she won't get too agitated.

"Take care, if anything happens, call me, and stay away from old men, they are evil," she warned me. I wanted to laugh and pinch her cheeks that second because of what she said. She took a deep breath and continued, I couldn't help but notice some hesitation in her voice, "Aria, we are going for your wedding dress shopping tomorrow."

And all the happiness disappeared, all the hope that I felt was gone and I was not at ease with myself anymore. I just mumbled a quick I love you and put the phone down. Out of all the things going wrong in my life, this was the only thing that I had not to control over.

I wish what Ignatius said was true, I wish I had a real chance in experiencing love with him or anyone for the matter. I was going to be tied in a relationship with a guy who didn't love me and I knew I couldn't be free from that any time soon. There was only misery and misery and misery. But somewhere in my heart, I knew something could happen. I knew a lot of things were going wrong but I still believed in miracles, and I was hoping, very dearly that something miraculous takes place and I won't have to marry Zachariah. He was a nice guy but I knew he wasn't for me.