Chapter 37

Feather After // Chapter 37 // Hand In Marriage

Aria's POV 

I tried my best to not get angry and burst at Ignatius in front of his mom, saying how I frustrated I was, could have been the most truthful thing, I had ever felt, I swear. I wanted to scream and shout because I felt that nobody was there for me anymore. I mean, it wasn't like there was anybody before but I suddenly wished that the principal would have called my parents so that they could take me away from this place. I felt like the whole world was against me, like they were all toying with me and what I felt was just for fun and amusement.

I didn't want to be there anymore, I wanted to leave him but he was persisting and persuasive that I wanted to grab one of those huge trophies from the principal's display case and hit Ignatius with it, till he would feel the anger, despair, and resentment that I felt towards him.

I wanted to grab him by his shirt and I wanted to drag him all the way to the chemistry lab and pour the whole damn bottle of concentrated hydrochloric acid on him.

"Aria, are you listening to me?" The principal said and I looked at her.

"She, daydreams a lot of mom, she'll be okay soon," Ignatius said and I glared at him. I did not day-dream at all! I took a deep breath and looked at him again. If he said another word, I would pounce on him.

"Don't talk like you own me. You don't know anything about me so it will be better than you keep your hormones to yourself," I rolled my eyes and looked at the principal. She looked amused and she smiled. Well, I did not find anything worth laughing at, so I just stood there hoping that she excused me very soon.

"I wa-"

I cut him off, "I don't want to hear your hideous voice anymore. So please, do me a favor and shut up," I put my hands on my ears and glared at him. He looked at me and smiled. That smile got on my nerves. Oh my god, you did not have the idea as to how much and what I wanted to do with him.

"Well, I hope you both are done with your little chatter and as I was going to say that Aria as you have done what you have done, I would ask you to work in the town hall for the next two weeks on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday as a mark of social service. And you Nat, will join her."

"But he didn't do anything!" I butted in, "it was entirely my fault and I have already taken the blame for it," I glared at him and told him to step down because he was no way going to win this.

"Aria,"

I looked at him again and looked at our principal again. "Thank-you ma'am, I promise this won't happen again," she looked at me and smiled. She looked at Ignatius and dismissed me. She asked Ignatius to stay behind and I was very grateful for her for that. I did not want to have any conversation with Ignatius about anything in this world. I saw people look at me strangely, while I walked on the hallway towards my locker, I guess, everyone knew about my little stunt, which took place in the cafeteria. Even the walls had ears. I wondered, what had I landed my ass into?

While walking to the locker, I felt someone tug into my hand. I turned around to look who that person was. I mean whenever Ignatius was around me I just felt it, and when I turned around right now, I was just turning around to confirm that, it was Ignatius, had stopped me. I could recognize his rough hands any day, even if I was sleeping. His hands were rugged as if he did some hard labor after school. His arms were warm, very warm and strangely felt nice against my cold ones.

I turned around and came face to face with the devil himself. He looked at me with those concerns laced eyes that I could melt into a puddle. His eyes which were usually dark bluish-brown in color, seemed very different today. He still smelled like the orange juice that I poured over his head, some of the locks were soaked in the juice and fell over his forehead, making his prominent jaw line look sharper. His white shirt had orange juice stains on it and clenched onto his body, making his tattoos on the chest visible. I did not understand why I had not noticed those things before.