Chapter 62

Feather After // Chapter 62 // Lies

Aria's POV

Misty got pregnant? Why did she never tell me about it? Maybe I know the answer to that. I did, it was because we were never close. We were friends but I hadn't told her about my engagement, she came to know about it when the whole school did.

I wish I could have asked him more things but my mother came out. So I had to leave. Zachariah gave me a hug and I was more than happy that it wasn't a crazy ass kiss like before.

The other problem in my hand was how I was supposed to tell Ignatius that Zachariah kissed me. I know he wouldn't believe it if I told him that it wasn't supposed to happen. I don't know how he would react and to be honest I was kind of scared of what his reaction might be.

As I entered school the next day I saw loads of people looking at me, by now I was used to it. I could already tell that there were pictures of me on the tabloids considering the fact that there was a lot of paparazzi outside the hotel entrance the day before.

I met with Xavier who was waiting for me in front of Mr. Maple's statue.

"Loser," he greeted me as I saw me approaching him. I'm not sure if he had seen the newspaper yet. But anyway it didn't matter.

"Ola Amigo," I smiled as he leaned in for a hug.

"You smell like rotten eggs, Ariel," he said and crunched his upwards.

"Did I turn you on?" He scrunched his face up again and I smiled.

"Let's get going if you don't want to miss any class," he put his left arm around my neck as we started to move towards the main hall.

"Zachariah told me about Misty you know, I mean I don't know how much of what he said is true but yeah. It completely changed my perspective of Misty," I said and he nodded.

"Zachariah as in you're soon to be husband?" He questioned while I just hummed and then he continued, "Well I really don't know him personally but I just feel like you can't trust these business men, I mean what is in here," he said and pointed towards his head and said, "is very different from what is here," he pointed at his heart.

"Should I be concerned? I mean why are you behaving like a-"

"Oh please don't say, boyfriend, I mean there can be some relationship with a girl and a boy where they are not romantically involved."

"Yeah and that relationship is termed as friend zone just like what you did to me," I rolled my eyes at him.

"Well you didn't propose so I just wanted to be clear it out beside you are engaged, I don't think so you'll ever cheat, you're not like that."

By the time he has announced that we were standing right in front of my locker with my heart in my tummy. I debated if it was the right time to tell him what I have been up to; I wanted to tell him all that I felt and all about Ignatius.

I gulped and looked at him, "well you're invited to my wedding on Sunday, I'll bring you the card tomorrow," I tried my best to smile at him and tried to make it look like it wasn't a big deal, but to be honest, it kind of was.

"Well, I have something else to tell you or slash ask you, only if you don't mind," I said again, and he suddenly, looked out of my locker. His head which was buried inside my locker; and I don't know what he was doing there anyway, then he was looking at me as he was trying to figure out what he had in his mind. He raised his eyebrow at me and I gulped, I wasn't ready for this. I took a deep breath and said, "I hope you have a good day!" And I shut my locker and turned away and started walking towards my class.