Chapter 21

Feather After //Chapter 21 // Love Yourself

Aria's POV 

What? Why? My mind stopped I couldn't understand what was happening. Was this even possible? I was just seventeen years old, I never thought this could be possible. I just wished my heart could stop beating too. I wanted to scream and shout and tell my parents how wrong they were but all I could do was to look at them while they looked back at me. So that's what they had planned for me.

That's what they had wanted to tell me earlier as well. Oh my god. I wanted to do so much with your life and this was clearly not what I wanted for myself.

I looked up and got up from my seat. I dashed out of the room and started running towards my room. I could hear my parents shouting from behind to tell me it was going to be okay. They were screaming my name I wish I could have done the same. I wanted to scream back at them but my legs became unstoppable.

My heart didn't want to listen anymore. I walked inside my room and saw my parents approaching. Without thinking of anything, I slammed the door on their faces. I know I was raised better, to do better stuff but I couldn't help but sob.

I turned to walk to my bed but my legs tangled in something and with a thud, I fell on the floor of my house. I heard my mother screaming and asking if I was okay but for the first time in my life I did not feel embarrassed of Falling Down. I knew my lips had cracked open and that my nose was bleeding but no pain was compared to the pain that I felt in my heart. Tears started falling from my eyes and I wanted to give up, on life.

For the first time, I realized the value of good days when mother and father were not here. All my life I had wanted them to be near me and to be with me but now I didn't want any of it. I wanted to go back to my old life where there was no turmoil just happiness. I wanted the stability that I had before. I didn't want the money, clothes, the house, the life they had and offered. I just wanted to be at peace now. I was tired of all the money my parents had.

All my life I had wanted them to be my parents but now I realized that all they had been doing was business and even today money was their priority. We could have easily shifted in a smaller house. Only Nanna and I lived in the house which was as huge as a village and they could wear less expensive clothes. The problem was that was not ready to look for options. I wanted them too but they had become blind. I closed my eyes and I wanted to sleep. I wanted the darkness to envelop me and take away the pain in my heart. My heart was tired of aching and it wanted peace for some time. It wanted to stop.

I opened my eyes and I looked down. My nose was bleeding heavily and my half shirt was soaked. I tried to get up but I couldn't. I wanted to stand up but I couldn't. Suddenly I heard a light knock on my door. I was pretty sure it was Nanna because nobody else did that. I tried to get up again and this time I did. My legs were hurting and it felt like I would fall down any moment. I walked towards the door and saw a folded paper lying there. Was it Nanna?

I sat down behind the door and opened the letter. It was definitely Nanna's handwriting. It felt like the old times. Whenever something wrong happened and when I used to lock myself in my room she wrote letters for me and I came out of it. At first, I didn't feel like opening the letter because of what had happened. I was getting married to somebody because of a business deal. In my family money was the priority and nothing else. But then I realized that she wasn't involved in anything. It had always been my mom and father. They planned everything and they did everything. I was merely a key just like Nanna. So I opened the letter and read it.

Aria my little ball of happiness,

I know the timing of God is not good. Now that you plan on going to the very best institution for your further studies your parents have planned something else for you. I'm very sorry that I cannot protect you from this. I want to but I'm no one. I don't know Aria what god has planned for you but I know one thing that you are one of the kindest and strongest souls I have ever met.

And God is not a fool, he is just trying to help you and he is merely testing you. You in this whole world deserve all the happiness in the world. The Aria that I know won't fret but would stay strong and face the obstacle because a little bird-y once told me hiding is for cowards.

I know that you feel sad, and that you're unhappy. But don't let anyone tell you otherwise and take away your happiness. I want you to stand up and come out of your room because even a little ray of light can light the darkest of the room.

I want you to dress up Aria and stand up because we are family and we face problems together. Even impossible says I'm possible. I want to see you out of your room in the next half an hour.

PS. Wear your black dress it'll look good on you

PSS. Light will guide you home and ignite your bones. And I won't hesitate to become your light.

Yours truly,

Nanna.

I sobbed and laughed when I read the letter. She was my Nanna and she was my family. I could definitely do it for her. She was right, how long would I have stayed in the room because of the fear of my parents and everyone. I'm Aria Everly Rhett and I don't fear anyone. Just like Hercules. I suddenly felt a ray of hope in me. I felt a little light and suddenly I could feel my body being conscious and I could feel the several cuts and bruises I had. Maybe there was a light for a better future.

I got up and went inside the washroom. I looked in the mirror. I looked torn and beaten up. My hair was a mess, my eyes, nose, and my whole face was red, I had dry blood on my nose, lips, and neck. I had developed large black bags under my eyes and for the first time, I wanted to be Aria again. That little-tanned girl with a good smile, high ponytail and her specs.

I took a shower and watched all the blood leaving my body just like my sad state. As water poured down my body I felt like I was healing. I closed my eyes and inhaled. I washed my hair and my body and then came out making sure that there was no trace of blood anywhere. I wore the black dress Nanna wanted me to wear and wore my black flip-flops. I left my hair open and let it dry on it's on. I left my room and as I walked down the stairs I could hear chattering. 

My best friend met Ruskin Bond today and he said that he loved the story line of Married To The Bad Boy and he would love to read it. Bagwjsksjsjaoamjsjsaoajaoakaks,s,s,,s. I can't believe it.