Chapter 56

Feather After // Chapter 56 // Happy Times

Aria's POV

As I climbed out of my car, I couldn't help but notice that it was relatively chill in Seattle. The warm feeling was gone and one had to actually wear a coat over their shirts at least in the morning. I got off and shoved my hands in my jacket pocket after grabbing my bag and hanging it on my shoulder. I smiled at Manchurian who smiled back.

When I got home yesterday I kind of got into a fight with my mom. She didn't want me to be late on a school night and at the same time, she didn't want me out because my wedding was soon approaching. There were only a few days left before I would be married to a guy who, I didn't know anything about.

"Where were you?" She asked me as soon as I stepped inside. With her narrowed eyes and her arms resting on her chest, she tapped her heels in the ground.

"I was; I was at Rachael's," I told her.

"And her mother lets you stay this late! It's eight o'clock for god's sake," she said and went into the dining room through the hall. Nothing had changed in the house at all. It was the way it had been, very fashionable but lacked the feel of a home. There was nothing cozy there, nothing.

"Yes, and she doesn't leave her child into the hands of someone else," I barked back. I knew she was my mother but I was so surprised she had said that "and yeah also, she doesn't arrange her seventeen-year-old marriage to a guy she hadn't met before just so that her hotels and business can have a profit!"

"How dare you?" She turned around and walked towards at me, "how dare you talk to your mother like that? Don't you have any regards for anyone?"

"Oh no, let me ask you the same thing," I said and walked towards her, "do you have any regards for me? Do you know what you're putting me through, you had the right to do whatever you want, you can do whatever you feel like and I don't? Just because I stayed a little late doesn't mean you have the-"

"You're such a little brat! We gave you everything we could; we made sure you had the best of everything that was possible. Not so that you could come and scream at me like this! What has happened to you?"

I wanted to burst out crying, "Every parent does that mom, and every parent does! Guess what I never wanted this. I never wanted the fame and the money. I just wanted you and father to be here, that's all. And if asking for love and attention from parents is selfish then yes, I'm more than selfish. And I'll tell you what? I'll choose to live on the streets with parents who love me than live in a big mansion where my parents see me as nothing but business bait," I was crying and as tears streamed down my face I couldn't believe that she had said this.

"I know what you're up to. And the guy you are mad after, the guy who you think will give you a good world, will be the same guys who'll rip your world apart abs you'll not be able to do anything about it! This what these cheap class people do, they don't care about anything, nothing, as long as you have a good amount of zero in your bank, nobody will care!"

"He is not like that! He is a good guy, he has made choices so what? Everyone does that! It's not such a big deal!"

I always saw my mom as an epitome of grace but I never really knew she would say things like that to me. I guess sometimes the situation gets the best of you or sometimes it's the way it is. I turned around and went to my room, leaving my angry mother and a surprised Nanna behind. I had never stood up for myself always thinking that I would insult my parents but I stood up for Ignatius because he wasn't there to defend himself.

I moved towards school and turned around towards the school entrance. Before I could enter the school I was pulled behind the statue of Mr. Maple. I closed my eyes because I thought I would collide with someone. Soon I was pushed and my back collided with the statue of Mr. Maple and I felt someone grab my hand. By the form touch, I knew who the person was.