Chapter 44

Feather After // Chapter 44 // Questions And Honest Answers

Aria's POV 

I took a deep breath and looked at him, I looked at the guy who made my heart skip a beat. He was the same guy who made me cry endless times and made me question my self for letting him in. I sometimes asked myself why was he the way he was. He sat next to me and hummed. I never knew he was like this. After the little attention he had given to me, I had become more aware of myself. It was like he had lighted that part of me which I didn't know existed. He didn't move, and neither did I.

"Why do you do this to me?" I asked him, didn't know whether he would answer me or not. He stopped humming and pulled away. My head was not on his shoulder anymore.

"Why do you want to know that?" He looked in my eyes and I gulped. He was trying to be clever; he was trying to play it safe. Just like he always did, he put my heart into danger but I didn't know if he did it unknowingly or knowingly.

"I just do," I told him. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes shut. He opened them again.

"I don't know, I don't know," he ran his hand through his hair and bit on his lip, "I just feel like the guy after you-"

"You mean my fiancé?" I butted in.

"Will you stop saying it that way?" He raised his voice but not enough to scare me, not enough to stop me from getting what I wanted. I shrugged and he continued, "He is not a good guy-"

"And you're?" I butted again, I liked that. He was vulnerable and I was keeping him on the edge.

"You know what I mean," he pressed his lip shut.

"I do? How do you know me so well?" I smirked at him. Two could play the game. His eyes became dark. Oops, someone was angry.

"Stop fucking playing with me Aria-"

"Oh my god, are you hurt? So you keep doing whatever you want but-"

"What do you want me to do?" He looked at me. He took my hands in his and squeezed them. I didn't know why but whenever he looked at me or touched me I felt sparks run through my body. It felt great and even if I didn't want to, I did.

"I-I don't know," I whispered, not confident with myself.

"You're, I don't know what you want, I mean. I don't know if I can, I don't know-"

"See, I'll be very honest with you and I'll say this-" he tried to interrupt me but I put my hand up in the air and glared at me if he said another word I would walk out. He closed his mouth and I continued, "so as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted that, I'm not a threesome girl, either you choose me or lose me, but this Bermuda Triangle combo is not my thing. I want you," I pointed at him, "to choose Misty over me because neither I'm a second option, nor I'll ever be one."

"Well, you don't understand, she and I, we are not a thing."

"Oh, yeah? Then who were you shoving your tongue in that day?" I raised my eyebrow at him. He was being abnormally smart.

"I-"

"I'll tell you what. Be with her, I have no fucking problem. I will not do this," I pointed my finger at him and then at me.

"Are you jealous?" He said and lied down in the bed and popped his head on his elbow. He sprang his legs apart. Oh god, I closed my eyes, I couldn't lose this conversation by losing my god damn concentration. I did try my best to not get distracted by a trash case lying on the bed but what can I say, a girl has got some hormones.