Chapter 57

Feather After // Chapter 57 // The Royal Society

Aria's POV

"You see life is nice?" He said and spun me around, his hands never leaving mine. Did I tell you that this was a total bliss? I mean I couldn't think life could be any better, that things could change and become any better.

"Yeah only if you're with the right person," I told him genuinely, don't know where it came from, but I said it anyway.

He turned to me and smiled, I guess it was more of a smirk, "are you flirting with me, Miss. Rhett?"

I looked at him and tilted my head towards the left, "do you want me to flirt with you, Mr. Hudson?"

His eyes twinkled when he heard me say that. He came closer to me and pulled me towards him, "well let me tell you something, Miss. Rhett," he let go of my right hand and pushed me away from him, and pulled me towards him again. It seemed like we were dancing but to me, I felt like a potato sack who was being rotated in circles.

"What is that?" I asked him as my body collided with his. I put my hand on his chest and he smiled.

"Well it's time for you to go home, considering it's time for school to end but before that, we'll eat," he said and pulled me towards his motorbike.

The whole day was beyond amazing, the way that we rode the Ferris wheel twice and the way he never let go of my hand made me melt into a puddle. He was so beautiful and I guess he was rough around the edges but he was amazing, I know I have said that a million of times before but he made me feel like no one had ever made me feel before.

When I met Ignatius for the first time, he kept on hurting me, he was unstable. I don't know the reason why it was like that but now, he has changed, the guy who I poured the orange juice on out of frustration and the guy who I had slapped in the janitor room because he had asked me to share him with Misty, I wasn't sure about him then, but now I knew what I wanted; and it had everything to do with him. My happiness had everything to do with Ignatius.

I climbed in to his bike, and put on the helmet, it was the fourth time I was sitting on his bike and as much as I hated to admit it, although I didn't know if I would get off the bike alive, I was getting used to it now, and I liked it.

"Can I-"

"Can you?" He asked and looked at me through his rare view mirror. He adjusted the helmet on his face and then looked at me, again.

"Can I sit here without you know the helmet?" I asked him and he raised his eyebrow at me.

"What the fuck. Do you want to die?" I was taken aback by his comment and when he looked at my face, his expression softened. He gulped and continued, "see, what I meant was this is not safe. What if something happens to you?"

"Yeah I get that, but once, like I really like it when I feel the air against my face, it makes me feel alive," I hoped that he would understand and would let me do what I wanted to do.

"Not now? How about some other time, okay?" He said and waited for me to put on the helmet. I looked at the time again and muttered a please, but he just gave me that put on the helmet before I myself put it on look.

"Okay, okay, grand-dad," I raise my hands up in the air in mock surrender before grabbing the helmet which was lying on my lap and putting it on.

He looked at me and then smiled, "that's more like it," he starts the bike and before I knew it I could feel the air on my hand.

I couldn't help it smile, it felt nice this way. No matter what people said, the jewelry, pretty stuff in my house, couldn't give me the happiness that these little things did. I was in love with Ignatius and being with him didn't make the situation any less difficult than it already was.