Chapter 42

Feather After // Chapter 42 // Songs and A Yes

Aria's POV

"Just remember why you're here Aria," I heard mother mumble and I took a sip of the cold liquid from the glass in my hand. I nodded. I had no interest in knowing what she meant. I didn't want to know, whatever she wanted she would get it anyways so there was no point of any resistance. "Now go and have fun," she said and smiled at me.

I walked towards Zachariah who was standing at the back of the room. He looked at me, and said, "Do not disturb me it's just a private time for this chicken and me."

I nodded and he looked at me, he wiggled his eyebrows at him and said, "Chicken here is better than KFC, I would want to know the number of the damn chef."

A waiter was passing by, he looked at him abs called him, "tell your manager that this pretty lady right here said that the chicken is amazing, she would like few pieces more."

"Hey-"

"If my mother gets to know that I have eaten ten pieces of chicken, she'll kill me."

"How many have you eaten till now?"

"VJ's?"

"No your horny man, chicken pieces."

"This is the fourteenth one I guess," he shrugged as if it was no big deal. People ate ten pieces of chicken all the time. "I have lost count now, shut up!"

Tell me everything that I need to know about the gala," I asked Zachariah while he ate the fifteenth piece of fried chicken. The manager had placed a waiter next to Zachariah who was bringing him chicken pieces when his plate got empty.

"Get a glass of wine for me," he said as a man with a tray full of glasses of various drinks passed us. When he heard us, he stopped and bent the tray for me to choose a drink. "No alcohol for you, you're still a minor," he said. Well, I wasn't planning on taking anything in the first place.

"I'm sorry she doesn't know how things are done here, she is still new," he said to the man serving us the drinks and he just smiled at me.

He shoved another piece of chicken in his mouth and pushed the plate towards me. He took the glass of wine from my hand and took a sip from it. He then gave me the glass back and took the plate from me.

"It's time for some salsa now!" Zachariah exclaimed and shoved the plate and the glass onto the hands of the waiter who was standing there just for him. He smiled and politely took the plate and the glass.

"What-"

"It'll be fun," he led me to the center of the dance floor and gave me a 'bitch, I'm a bitch' smile.

"What the hell are you doing"?" I hissed at Zachariah while he twirled me around the dance floor. He just smiled at me and pulled me closer to him. He sneaked his arms around my waist and I almost stumbled.

"I don't know how to dance, don't you get it!" I whispered in his left ear but he didn't say anything. Before I could know what was happening, he pushed me back while his hands were in mine and gave me a mini heart attack. I glared at him.

He put his left hand behind him and twirled me around, again. "I'll puke all over that expensive suit of yours, don't challenge me," I threatened him and he smiled again, "meet me outside, I'll kill you. And then I'll bury you under this chandelier."

"Just relax," he mumbled and pulled me closer. With my face on his chest, we twirled around the center of the huge room. The romance was in the air, I saw a lot of people: couples dancing around me. Some guys had their hands on their partner's butt. I thanked God that Zachariah didn't do that. I would have kicked his balls if he tried to do anything.