Chapter 11

Feather After // Chapter 11 // Blow Your Nose

Aria's POV

"Viscosity is a property of fluids. If you say liquid and write liquid in your answer sheets forget about any grade. I will straight away give you a zero. Okay?" Mr. Harrison said and adjusted his thick glasses. He made a zero using his forefinger and thumb with his other three fingers sticking out in the air.

"Aria, define viscosity!" He shouted and his loud voice made me flinch. As the result my pen fell down and I almost fell down along with my pen. Mariam was polite enough to lend me her hand. She held the table before it would collapse with me on the ground. I looked at her and silently bid a thank-you. She smiled in return.

I stood up, and said," sir it's a property of l-fluid. Viscosity is a property of fluid which states that upper l-lay-er-"

"You don't know anything. Why don't you start studying? You just take everything for granted and then you wish everything will be okay. All you do the whole day is watch television. I told you on the first day don't be over smart in front of me. It would never help you. You don't know a simple definition of viscosity? It's the easiest of all!" He screamed and shook his head.

I was embarrassed. I knew the definition of viscosity but I just stumbled when I looked at him. He was very scary and his attitude was not helping, at all.

"Sorry," I squeaked and sat down. I felt miserable. I didn't know what to say. I could feel all the eyes on me and I felt uncomfortable all of a sudden. I knew Mr. Harrison was staring at me and I was surprised that he did not send me to detention.

"It's alright. You know how it all works, right? Don't be sad. He is mad. Don't worry. Everything will be alright," squeezed my hand.

Mariam lived in Iran and she ran away with her family because they couldn't take it anymore. Her family were refugees here but she got admission in Maple High because she cracked the scholarship test. She was one of the most beautiful ladies in our school. Bunch of guys liked her but she seemed oblivious to it.

She had live skin, blue eyes and black-brown hair(she told me the colour of her hair) considering that she wore a hijab.

"You are my rock," I mumbled to her and smiled at her.

"Aria, get out of my class!" I heard Mr. Harrison shout.

"But-"

"Get out before I call your parents!" He shouted again. Even if I didn't want to get up I had to because I surely didn't want my parents to come and talk with anyone. I did not want anyone to know who they were and what they did.

I grabbed my notebook, my pencil pouch and with my head down, I moved out of the class. Everyone was looking at me and I was looking at the floor. It was humiliating. It had never happened with me before. I never said anything to him and I was never rude with him as well.

The moment I stepped out of the class tears started streaming down my face. I didn't want to cry but I just did. I felt like everything bad was happening with me.

I was just thrown out of class right? It happened with everyone right? I walked down the hall towards the ground. It was one of my favourite places in the whole school, after the library of course. It was opposite to the library. With tears flowing down my face, I tried to keep my tears to myself.

The football ground was rectangle in shape and had green grass. The breaths of the grounds where attached to the benches. People often used to sit there while cheering for our school. The lengths of the long football court had where Empty and the left side if it was connected to the changing room were the players use to come from at the starting of the match. The right side of the football court was empty which connected to the running field and on the left side of the right length of the court was a gate, which lead to the roof of the school, which to my surprise was interconnected, to every other building of the school through small pathways which were impossible to see when one was one the ground.