Chapter 69

Feather After // Chapter 69 // Yes Or Now

Aria's POV

Were there any more secrets to be revealed just yet? I mean at this point and time, it didn't even feel like I knew things. Whenever I felt that I knew everything and everybody around me were trustable, something or the other came up and I was like what the hell is happening? At first, I even thought and believed that situations were not as worse as I portrayed them to be, but now when I looked back, I just felt sad and unhappy, because I couldn't do anything about it, I couldn't do anything about marrying him. I couldn't even do anything about wanting to do something about it.

I got up from my bed and I realized that the day had finally come, the day I would remember in the future as the day which changed my life. I didn't know what to do. I went to my washroom and washed my face, to my surprise my eyes were still swollen because I had cried my self to asleep the night before. The tap water was cold and it felt really nice on my skin, almost too refreshing.

I still couldn't comprehend if the whole Zachariah incident was even true, I mean he said that he was the guy who had helped me be, you know. He said that he was the guy who helped me out; he said that mum tried to mess up with my brain. I somehow believed him because I did have two memories of the whole car accident, I still didn't know which one was true and which one was false but I didn't know medicines could mess up with your memories. I wanted to scream at my mom, but I didn't want to go ruin my mood anymore.

I brushed my teeth and did my business. It was eight o'clock, and I almost had one hour, before I had my mom's hairstylist and makeup artist to do my hair and makeup. I tried my best, to think about anything else. The sun was still setting in and I could hear the birds chirping outside. Today is the day, Aria. Today is the day you will be married to Zachariah; I took a deep breath and looked in the mirror. The dark circles under my eyes were very noticeable. I guess, the makeup artist would have to put it a lot of effort to make me look nice.

I wonder if being unhappy in your own wedding was illegal or not. Aria Everly Rhett, the most unlucky girl, and the saddest bride to ever exist, do you take Zachariah Something Albason to be your lawfully wedded husband? I really hoped, that I wouldn't start balling my eyes in front of everyone, Rachael said that it would look as if I'm really in love with Zachariah and that my dreams have come true in marrying him, this was going to be one eventful day.

I quickly took a shower and wrapped my towel around my body and the other on my hair. Before I could even step outside my washroom, I knew Nanna had stepped in, "good morning bride to be!" She said, and it felt like it was even very painful for her to say it.

I just nodded at her and seeing my reaction, she came towards me, "look at me," she said and made me look in her eyes, "if you don't like anything, it doesn't mean it should stop you from, having fun, I understand you don't want this, and that your parents have taken the right to choose your better half all by themselves, but you can still choose to be happy, nobody in this world, not me," she pointed at herself, "no Gemma, no one can make you feel less. Enjoy this day, enjoy the pampering, and no matter what happens, you'll always find me right there," she pointed next to me, "right beside you," she wiped my tears and kissed my forehead, "you'll always have your Nanna, Aria, always."

With that she left, she left me feeling so sad, and good all at the same time. Sooner makeup artist came in, she made me change into my robe and started screaming at the hair stylist for coming late because he was five minutes late. She screamed at him for straight minutes and then asked him to do my hair before she started with the makeup.

"So what kind of hairstyle do you want?" He asked me, while he evaluated my hair. I hadn't even thought about my hair to be honest. The last thing that came to my mind was my hair.