Chapter 8: Rehash

"He acted like he knew me," Barry explained, "Like we've done this before

"He acted like he knew me," Barry explained, "Like we've done this before."

"He was antagonizing you, Bear," Joe assured his son.

The next morning, Barry decided he and Andi should talk about what happened with Dr. Wells and Joe. He needed to go over with them about the fact they fought his mother's killer. He needed them to know how it happened.

"I would get close and he'd just pull away," Barry described. "This was a sick game to him."

"You'll catch him, we'll help." Dr. Wells promised.

"No, you don't get it all right?" Barry denied.
"His speed, it is. . .it's beyond me. I'm not the fastest man alive. He is. Andi can even agree with that."

Joe and Dr. Wells both looked to Andi who was sitting at the front desk. She looked to them, glancing up at Barry, then back at them, "He's right." She agreed, nervously. "He even bested me."

"How do we catch someone that I can't even catch up with?" Barry wondered.

So before work that day, they continued discussed the man in the yellow suit. They had planned to trap him with a device from Mercury Labs that could seal the Reverse Flash inside a force field. They could can capture him and get answers.

"The beautiful thing about force fields, Mr. Allen, is they're impervious to speed." Dr. Wells said once they finished going over the kinks, "We're almost finished fabricating the trap. All that remains is for Detective West to procure the bait."

"I'm on it," Joe confirmed.

Barry followed to help Joe at the CCPD to get what was needed. Although Joe didn't intend him to come. He knows the way Barry is about the Reverse Flash, he needed to look after Barry. "Barry, why don't you stay here?" Joe didn't look back to tell him.

"No, Joe, today is not the day to tell me to stay behind."

"Barry. . .Barry. . .Barry, wait!" Andi repeated, trying to call him over. She managed to get him to stop in the middle of the corridor. "Barry, you have to consider it. If you're going to do something about Reverse Flash because you're like this—"

Barry turned around to look at her. "Andi you know you can't convince me to stay either. Okay? Not after what we've been through last night." Barry reminded her, "He hurt you too. That's just another reason I have to make sure he's stopped."

Andi watches the devotion and fear rise in his eyes. The look on his eyes almost scared her. Andi knows better then to try to stop Barry from doing what he thinks is right. That would be the same as for him trying to stop her.