Chapter 36: The Arena

AN: By the way, I imagined Holland Roden as the meta-human Melissa Slayer so my Teen Wolf fans know what's up. Also, a cover of the song (I Just) Died In Your Arms by Hidden Citizens is featured. EnJoy!

Melissa stretched her foot off the second to the last bar on the ladder until the heel of her boot found the floor

Melissa stretched her foot off the second to the last bar on the ladder until the heel of her boot found the floor. When she managed to get both of her feet to meet together, she whipped her head around to examine her new. . .accomplice's hideout.

And it was much worse than what she expected.

Melissa studied the dark and cold basement before her eyes. Not that there was much to see since it was dark. Though she noted the dust that was collected over the years. She was surprised there weren't any cobwebs or flies. She also noticed how there was only one light in the middle of the room which shined over a empty metal table. How the thick walls were concrete. She glanced back to the ladder behind her that lead up to the only exit in this room which they came from. And then she got to the unconscious blonde slumped in a chair while restrained. . .

What else does she do in here?

"What's with the blonde?" the redhead asked, zipping up her leather jacket.

"He's none of your business."

Her accomplice walked out of the dark, standing over the blonde as she pressed two fingers to his neck for a moment. Then she snapped her fingers in front of his face, waiting for the moment he responds but he didn't. Probably due to the fact he's unconscious. . .or dead.

But then she snapped again and the blonde's left eye twitched.

Melissa twirled a strand of her hair between her fingers. "Well, then, are you gonna tell me what that was all about back there?"

"Oh, stop you're rich girl whining," her accomplice told her, stepping over to one of the metal cabinets against the wall and started pulling out one of the drawers. "You got your money."

"It's not my money," Melissa replied, "it's for—"

"Yes, yes, for the poor sick kids."

"Are you really that heartless?"

"I wasn't named Onyx just because how good I look in black," she answered, before she opened another drawer and wildly rummaged through the supplies in there.

Melissa snickered, causing Onyx to stare right at her as she flashed her bright white eyes filled with pure rage.

The redhead lifted her hands up. "Alright, alright, no need to get all angry eyes at me." Onyx returned to the drawer, causing even more noise when a screwdriver fell out, but she caught it right before it fell on the floor. "What are you doing?"