Chapter 33: You're A Gem

AN: Onyx's outfit is provided above if you were wondering what I imagine it to look like. The song Fight Of Your Life by Natalie Taylor is also provided. I love all Natalie Taylor's music and I recommend listening to her other songs when you get the chance. EnJoy!

Barry's breath hitched, the memories from what felt like years ago flooded his brain

Barry's breath hitched, the memories from what felt like years ago flooded his brain. He could remember the ache of defeat throughout his whole body, not just from the wounds he collected from fighting Wells, but witnessing that man took his love—his world—and running away with her. He painfully remembered the desperation so clearly as it ran hot and burned through his skull.

The frustration of not being able to save her killed every bit of his strength and the longer it took to find her, to try to get her back only pushed him on the path to take down Wells even further. And when he didn't find her. . .the speedster could only wonder what had happened to her. What Wells would have done to her. It drove him insane. He was afraid to ever come to the terms of what the outcome would be if he ever found her. When he would have found her.

But this. . .this was worse than any possible outcome he had ever imagined.

She was standing right in front of his eyes, but she was oceans away. He could have had her back moments ago. . .but she felt so far, so lost. . .somewhere in another timezone or dimension where he couldn't see her, if she could even see him.

All Barry saw were those two black orbs staring back at him, glaring as if he were the bad guy.

"Andi," he whispered, saying her name like the many times he repeated it to himself when he was lying on the football field, alone and hurt after she was taken. At the time, it was the only thing he could do to keep himself together.

Andi took a step forward.

The heels of her high boots clicked against the linoleum floor of the lair like bullets. The frame of her back and shoulders were so straight and hinged it wasn't like she was human. She had the upper hand, the advantage, and the way she carried herself said she knew that.

Barry had to read her over again to get some sign of what she will do since her face wouldn't share anything like it once did. She could make the first move any second and Barry wouldn't see it coming.

He had to admit, her appearance was striking. So much, that it hurt him just by how dangerous, how beautiful she looked. That was one weapon she will always have that could end him alone.

The speedster looked down and caught her pale, bare fingers tightening together into fists. This was just the chip, Barry reminded himself. It had to be. Just from how dark she looked. The black of her hair, her eyes, her aura. She wasn't soft and bright like she once was. She wasn't sharp and bold and drained of all the light she was with her laughs and her smile and quips.

It was all gone.

But where?

He said that he wanted to heighten my senses, my powers, but really. . .he wants me to go unstable. . .and it worked.