Chapter 37: May These Arms Be Your Remembrance

AN: Surprise!! I updated. So is Andi back for good or nah? Read to find out. The song Silhouette by Active Child (feat. Ellie Goulding) is featured. Thank you for holding out on this story. EnJoy!

Each minute that passed by felt like hours for Barry as he stood by the doorway of the med-bay, helplessly watching Caitlin examine the unconscious Onyx from afar

Each minute that passed by felt like hours for Barry as he stood by the doorway of the med-bay, helplessly watching Caitlin examine the unconscious Onyx from afar. He was still dressed in his suit, not even sparing himself the time to lift his hood down after having done one thing after the next from bringing Onyx to S.T.A.R. Labs to fixing the mess left behind at CCPD. Then he only thought about what happened at his workplace once again. What he had to do to Onyx stop her. What he did to bring Andi back.

The speedster closed his eyes for a moment and sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose before silently begging the gods or God or whoever that would listen to make sure that she would be okay. He prayed that what he did wasn't a mistake. That the serum would work and she would wake up as herself and finally come back to him.

A pang of guilt struck his chest when he realized how wrong it was that he felt when the person before him laid unconscious in his arms—when she laid very still and quiet, he believed he had her back. And if she stayed that way, he could continue to hold on to that belief. Because what if that is all that's left of her?

There is a stranger living inside the body of the woman he loves. Her body a vessel for this other woman who holds so much rage and cruelty—much of it against him.

Another pang struck him, but this time at his shoulder, ripping him away from his thoughts. He turned to find only Cisco standing beside him, holding an open bag of potato chips and a tablet displaying a 3-D digital layout of Onyx's suit all in one hand.

Cisco offered him the bag of chips. "For the nerves."

Barry shook his head, unable to form any words as the guilt and exhaustion and worry and stress drained all his focus and overall ability to function.

Cisco shrugged and held the bag with his arm before tapping furiously into the tablet to zoom in the leather material in the jacket component.

"Dude, I finally checked out that suit for myself and it's definitely an upgrade from the one what I made for her, I'll tell you that," the engineer said vigorously before biting into a potato chip. "N-Not that I can't make something like that. I mean, I also made yours of course and yours is beyond spectacular, but her suit is constructed out of a material powerful enough to contain all her energy."

What kind of material?

"The same energy that caused a storm, mind you."

It would explain why she didn't shock me all those times we've fought.

"If only I could figure out what the material is," Cisco continued his ramble. "It's definitely not something I would have thought of using."

Maybe it has to do something with Wells? Everything has something to do with him. She only had that outfit until after he took her. He's from the future after all. . .