Old Wives Tales

Chapter Four

Old Wives Tales

(Playlist Fire and the Flood by Vance Joy &

Show Me How to Love by Pentatonix)

I keep trying to do a dedication, but for whatever reason, it is not saving. So finally... Thank you so so so so so so much Jennifer Jones for being not only my Beta, but a great sounding board on this project. If I could have you and my husband in my pocket, I would be a happy, happy woman.

Gabriel's POV:

"Sang get your beautiful arse up. We have a wedding to plan. In fact, everyone. Up now!" I even added a foot stomp for good measure. Nothing was better than playing dress up. Especially for a wedding. Our wedding! It was a long discussion, but after about an hour, it just made sense for Kota to give her his last name. I was still happy. We worked hard making a short video for her and picking out our perfect gifts.

"Quit your stomping and clapping. We're up. And get that smile off your face. You look like you've been drugged." Victor laid there with a silly grin on his face. "I'm excited about shopping and playing dress up too you know."

As I looked around the room, everyone was in a different state of waking up, but everyone was happy. Sang however, was still curled up in between North and Silas, sound asleep, or so I thought. "I need to call Kayli. She is helping me today."

"Oh no she isn't. I am helping with the dress."

"Meanie, you are not picking out my wedding dress. You're not allowed to see it before the wedding. Kayli will help. In fact, I am inviting all the Tomas to help me, so there!"

"Did you just stick your tongue out at me? And that's only if we all haven't had sex before. Right?" I was right, wasn't I?

"Gabe, that was back when there were arranged marriages. It was a business deal between the families. It was also in case the groom saw the bride and he thought she was ugly and ran off and then the deal was off." Leave it to Sean.

"Well, we know she is beautiful and we are definitely not running out on our bride. So I can take her shopping, sans you guys, well and Victor."

"Oh no you don't. If you're the mother f'er who is going to help her pick out her dress, then I sure as hell am going." North had gone from zero to eighty and was already in my face. I didn't back down.

"Do you know your designers?" I spat back at him.

CLAP, CLAP, CLAP! We quieted down at this. Sang had started that years ago after visiting a school and seeing a teacher use it to quiet an overly rambunctious classroom full of kindergarteners. "Raven does." And with that, she sashayed off to the kitchen to make her phone call.

We all turned to look, and I think all jaws were on the floor.

"Pick your jaw up North."

"But Owen, how does she do that?"

"I don't know, but maybe she should have been a teacher."

After Owen speaks, we all look at each other and shake our heads no.

"Well we have a lot of f'ing sh*t to do to get this done in one week." I turned around and shouted to Sang in the other room. "OY! Trouble! Tell Kayli...OOF." I was on the floor and a hand was on my mouth, a knee against the jewels, and Kota looking down at me.

"One more word and no kids from you buddy. Nod your head if you understand."

I nodded my head, shifted my eyes to Silas and North, but the pressure was off my balls and my mouth before I could finish sending signals. He was up and gone, but Nathan had already taken off after him. It was a silent stampede. Before leaving the den, I stopped, realizing why he wanted me to shut my damn mouth.

I quickly checked each closet, lucky enough to find a Fallon Suit with the tags still on it. Weird. The Kota Fairy must have stashed it there. I grabbed it, and started working my way up to the conference room. They could play Ninjas and Samurais while I started getting lists together. Who am I kidding? I had been planning this day since I was ten.

About thirty minutes later, everyone had finally filtered in. I had tasks for individuals, or pairs. This was going to take some finesse. Time to use my business voice.

"Sorry Kota, I realize why you wanted to feel me up, gag me, and give me the death stare. It's ok. Your package is nice too. However, we have business to attend to. We have one week to get this shindig together. So I will let you take over for a bit, then I will interrupt how I feel necessary." I made a grand gesture, bowing deeply for him, with a sh*t eating grin on my face.

He gave me a strange look and looked at each of his team members. "In front of you are lists laying out what each of you are to do. We had discussed the possibilities of individual weddings before, but not a group wedding. We are going to break all kinds of rules by inviting our blood families in. Owen. You get ahold of our attorney and get the papers drawn up for our family members to be able to sign a non-disclosure agreement. Mr. Stemle and you will have to go to each family member one at a time and get them signed and notarized."

"Sean, you are working on the guest list. Find out how many Academy members will be in town next Saturday and are willing to participate and enjoy the evening."

"Kota. You start looking into venues for the wedding and reception. Keep in contact with Sean for a head count."

"Luke, you are in charge of tasteful decorations." I got in in his face as much as possible. "Remember that this is not just some party. This is our wedding. We only get one, so please do this right." I added emphasis with a quick chop to the head.

"Silas, find a DJ, and with appropriate music."

"North, find a caterer. Keep in mind everyone's eating tastes. Three entrée options; one being vegetarian, and one seafood. Hors d'oeuvres, appetizers, and... yep. I think that's it. We'll add an extra dessert to match the cake once that is done."

"Nathan", I said, as I put my two hand on his shoulders and looked him in the eyes, "You are going to go taste test cakes. You call or text and confer with us. The same goes for all of you. We need to agree with all of this." I turn to go "Victor, you're with me. One second." I grabbed my phone, then changed my mind. "Victor, can I use your phone?"

"What's wrong with yours? I can take a look?" He went to reach for it before I could get it completely in my pocket. I barely out maneuvered him.

"I just want to surprise Kayli, that's all."

"Since when?"

"There's always a start." I took the phone and went to the adjacent bathroom. "Hey Raven."

"Raven Speaks."

"This is Gabriel."

"I thought you wanted Raven."

"Yes, Raven. This is Gabriel. When you guys go out wedding dress shopping, remind Sang to pick up her earrings. She needs to get her ears pierced a few more times in order to make them fit. Can you get that message to her?"

"Shop for dress with a few more holes for earrings. Got it."

I shook my head. As smart as he was, somedays I wondered. I went through it one more time. "Now do you have it?"

"Same thing, Gabriel. But yes. I get it. She will come home, shiny and new with a few more holes." Click.

That didn't make me feel any better. All I could do was hope. Off to make our bride happier than ever.