One Last Hurrah

Chapter Twenty-One

One Last Hurrah

(Playlist - Boats & Birds by Gregory and the Hawk)

After such a spectacular chapter twenty, this chapter is short for a reason, as you will soon read.

Kota's POV:

Once we reached home, both Jihoon and Luke circled the house and came to a consensus as to where each would start. The Tomas came to watch the final stage. Watching them scale our home was quite interesting. There were so many levels, steep roofing, windows, peaks and valleys. They had gone barefoot so not to damage the home. It had been a close race, but in the end Jihoon had won. They called a draw, and none of us could complain. The guys had been incredible. Sang had cooked up a full banquet because they had worked so hard.

"Hey Charles, where have you been all day? I haven't seen hide nor hair from you." Ji asked while taking a bite of steak.

"I've been with the doc the majority of the day. You know, doin' my thing." Charles went back to eating.

I knew his special talent, Ji did as well. And now so did Sean and Owen. He didn't like speaking about it, but he had already been accepted as part of the family, even without saying much. It would come out in its own due time.

We spent the evening in the pillow den with the Tomas watching zombie movies. Each night was spent not just as a single family, but as a unit. Both families, together, minus Raven. It felt a little off, but we had no other choice. Kayli said she missed him terribly. Alyosha was growing like a weed. I played with him. I fed him. I even changed a few diapers. Gabriel did the same.

The best part about our week at home was being with Sang. Gabriel sang to her baby bump, and I read nursery rhymes. We also had gone to the doctor's appointment with her. The sonogram showed our beautiful baby was healthy and strong.

Gabriel - "Oy, Sean, what's that thing there?"

Sean- "That's an arm."

Luke- "That there. Dr. Roberts said if it's a girl, it will look like a hamburger. You know the bun, burger, then the top bun.

North- "Thanks for ruining the surprise fu*k-face."

Sean- "Hey guys, that's not a hamburger. That's a bent leg."

Owen- "If you guys will be patient, the good doctor will get to the sex of the child momentarily."

Silas- "Aggele mou, are you comfortable?"

Sang- "Yes. Just excited."

Victor- "Princess, we are very excited about this."

Kota- "Very, very excited."

Sean- "All right. There you go."

Nathan- "It's a boy!"

Sang- "We're having a boy? We're having a boy!"

Since we found out we were having a boy, names had been passed around every single night. Everyone had an opinion. Sang would just smile and nod her head. When the ten of us were alone, we would all just cuddle up and be content in the fact that we had this time. Jihoon and Charles spent time next door or out for a few hours so we could have our family time.

The last night home, we had a big party with a blue cake, and presents. We wouldn't be home for the birth or who knows what else. Gabe and I just wanted to experience all that we could with her.

That night, Charles approached Sang with a present. She opened it and started crying. "When? How? We don't have a picture of us downstairs like this."

He smiled and shrugged. "I was just remembering something the other night, and started drawing."

She turned the framed picture around to show everyone. The picture was of the ten of us sitting in the pillow den, laughing, and in various states of relax. Sang was laying across the laps of myself, Gabriel, and part of Victor. Gabriel and I had our hands on her stomach. It was our second night here. It was of photographic quality and so beautiful. I looked at Charles and silently thanked him, to which he gave a slight head bob.

This week had been as perfect as it could possibly get considering everything. Something in my gut told me things were going to get worse before they got better. Just as long as my family stayed safe. We had already discussed with Sang that we were going to leave in the early morning hours before she woke. We didn't want to distress her any more than she was already going to be. So at 5:00 a.m., the four of us slipped away after Gabe and I kissed our beautiful wife good-bye.