Who's To Show No Fear?

Chapter Thirty-Four

Who's To Show No Fear?

(Playlist – I Am by Christina Aguilera, Make Believe by The Burned )

Kayli's POV:

November 3rd

As close as Sang and I had gotten through the years, we had formed an even closer bond since Raven, Gabriel, and Kota had left. Then, when Phoenix had been born, I had been over as much as possible. I had been able to leave the girls and Alyosha with my husbands so I could see Sang for a couple hours every day, and help her with whatever she needed. It was mainly emotional support. Our families have been pretty distant lately as far as talking about the missing members.

Yesterday, Victor, and Owen came running in our house, and straight up to Corey's room. It wasn't long before Marc was summoned from my side and holed up there with them. I know it had something to do with at least one of the boys, but that's all I know. When they did leave, nothing was said. Maybe I was wrong. Sang never said anything. In fact no one said anything. This morning, the four of them got dressed up in their suits and left once again for the Air Force base. After several hours, I had left the kids in the care of Blake and Axel, and now I sat here holding Phoenix. He was so much like his father. I hoped they made it home to see him.

"Sang, I have something I need to tell you." I was nervous. Why in the hell was I nervous? Ah, I know why. "You're only the second person to hear this."

"Well, spit it out already." She smiled at me.

"Axel and I are expecting a baby. I am due June 27th." Sang reached over and gave me a hug.

"Kayli, I am so happy for you. Are you sure the baby is Axel's though?"

"Oh, I am 100% sure. He put his foot down after Alyosha was born, telling everyone else that when I was given the all clear and was ready, until I was pregnant again, no one was to touch me. So after this, Marc will get a child and it is up to Corey and Brandon if they want to find out about the twins and go for another one. If not, I am done." I loved my babies with all my heart, but I was resolute in my statement.

"I am happy with Phoenix. I will happily have more, but that is up to my husbands and I to discuss. There is a lot to think about between now and then." She picked up her milk pumps and started to prepare everything. She stopped while unbuttoning her shirt and looked at me. There were tears in her eyes.

"Whoa. What's wrong, Sang?"

"I miss them so much. They should be here with our son. The same with Raven. Charles and Jihoon should be here too. I want everyone home with their families. War is so stupid. Why can't we fight with words instead of bombs?" She finished her statement, plopping her boob into the breast shield.

"Words only go so far. When words no longer apply that's when bombs come into play. It has always been about might. In disagreements, what is it in its very base form? Survival of the fittest. As a society, we would like to think that we are civilized and beyond barbarism, but when push comes to shove, it always comes back to survival of the fittest. Besides, there is no way that these countries are going to just stop fighting. They will take, and take, and take until there is no more to give, leaving other countries destitute and without. These countries that take, will also lay down their lives, even the citizens, in order to defend their homeland. This is why there was a breakdown in the unification of the world government. Someone always wants to take their ball and go home. So we will keep fighting the good fight. And Sang, as soon as we can end this war, we will. Our boys are still out there. I know they are doing everything they can to make sure they have someplace to come home to. Everyone here too. We are a unit, a family." By this point I was on the floor in front of her, holding Phoenix, and looking up at her. "Are you going to be okay?"