Люди в черном и Тили Тили Бом

Chapter Eight

Люди в черном и Тили Тили Бом

(puzzle time!)

Raven's POV:

"Большой мальчик. Мой Алеша." (Bol'shoy mal'chik. Moy Alesha. [Big boy. My Alyosha]). I heard a car pull up, so I peeked out the window, I realized it wasn't the girls. There were two black escalades parked halfway between our house and Kota's. Must be going there. Walking back towards the recliner the doorbell rang. "der'mo!" (S*it!). "Sorry my boy." I whispered as I answered the door. Three men dressed in crisp black suits and sunglasses stood before me. "Net. No traveling bobble sales." I told Shorty, Walking Stick, and Puffy. 

The walking stick stepped up to talk. "We don't sell bobbles or bibles. We are looking for Eugene Ravenstahl." 

Nope. This was not the time. The past could not invade my present right now. I rose to my full height and muscle mass, while still not disturbing my sleeping son. They visibly took a step back. "It is pronounced Yevgeniy. Yev-geen-ee, with a soft G. Get it right or don't speak. What do you want me? I'm busy." 

"Mr. Ravenstahl." 

"Raven." 

"Mr. Raven."

"Just Raven." 

"Uh, Raven. Ok. Raven. May we come inside and have a word with you?" 

"I'm busy. Come back later." I went to shut the door, but the bastard put his foot in the jamb to stop me. Why now? Whatever. Let's do this. Sigh. "If you wake up Alyosha, you will bleed." I opened the door and was just getting ready to walk down the hall. 

"She's beautiful." Shorty said. I whipped around so fast, I almost forgot to cradle his head, but I didn't. 

"He's a he, not a she." 

"You said Alisha."

"It's Russian! Means... Defender of all men. It's a proud name." I said scowling at each of them. Each looked at each other then followed me into the living room. "No drinks. Talk." 

Puffy leaned up and put his elbows on his knees. "Raven, we are from Allied Intelligence. How would you like to help your foster country?" 

What? No handcuffs? "I will listen, but hang." Standing up, I shifted Alyosha, cradling him, and went upstairs to find the rest of the gang. First I went and laid my boy down. I turned on the monitor, and picked up the receiver. I went to Corey's room, it was empty. Then Brandon's. The same. Where were they? The next door was Blake's room. I busted in after hearing whispers, and was met surprisingly with a toss to the ground courtesy of Axel. Not to be outdone. I kicked him back over my head which threw him into Blake's dresser. 

"All right guys! I would like to know why it's always my stuff that gets blown up, broken, and disheveled." Blake stepped in between us before Axel and I had a chance to get back to our game. Both Axel and I rushed Blake at the same time throwing him on the bed. I took the arms, Axel took the legs. 

"Who is taking pants?" I yelled. Corey slipped from the chair he was sitting in and grabbed the belt buckle, all the while Blake was bucking around wildly. "Hush. It only tickles for a little while." Who was I kidding? He was so ticklish. We would torment him for hours if Kayli would let us get by with it. 

"Uncle! Uncle! I'll... I'll tell... I won't tell Kayli, I'll do anything. Anything!!" He was desperate. We all nodded at each other. "Deal." We let him up. I took a look around the room. Brandon and Marc were still seated near the computer that Corey had been seated at. Blake was back on the bed where he started, and Axel... well who knows where he came from. A puzzle for another day. I looked at the computer screen.