We Will Be Victorious

Chapter Thirty-Five

We Will Be Victorious

(Playlist – Uprising by Muse and Car Stereo by Twenty-One Pilots)

Raven's POV:

November 17th

"Okay, they are running the missiles through the streets on the 10th of December. That would be the best chance for Charles to get in and do whatever it is he does." We have been gathering intel and planning for almost a month, while Kota and Gabriel had been healing and gathering strength. They looked like they were back to full health. However, PTSD was still affecting them both. Charles worked with them both with meditation and keeping them busy.

Kota spoke up. "An atom bomb works by bombarding unstable elements, let's use uranium and plutonium isotopes for example, with high energy neutrons. The neutrons split the unstable elements up and release photons and more neutrons. The neutrons go on to split up more unstable atoms causing a chain reaction. The photons that were released in the first reaction and the subsequent chain reaction make up the 'energy' released by the bomb, i.e., the bang! So, the opposite of an atom bomb would be a device that absorbed Photons and neutrons and fused atoms together to form the original unstable element. If memory serves me correctly, uranium plus a neutron would split into a barium atom and a krypton atom. So our anti-atom bomb could be used to absorb photons and neutrons and fuse Barium and Krypton together to form Uranium. This could actually be a very beneficial device, and a true opposite of the A-bomb!"

"Oy, Kota, you're giving my damn fu*king headache. Shut the fu*k up!"

"I understand where you are coming from, Kota. But we have no way of testing this, and even though the theory of it is sound, we would need so much heavy metal to offset the blast that the explosion would kill just as many." Charles was very calm in his answering.

"I knew that. Forgive me. I got so excited about the theory of an actual anti-atom bomb I wasn't putting all the pieces together. Okay, so the missiles will be going through the streets on the 10th, why?" Kota had his pencil ready to take more notes.

The big question, why? While my parents and Charles had been helping with Kota and Gabriel, I had been getting with the local underground. I had found out when the military moved, where, what times. Even found that a few of the ruffians I ran around with were a part of the underground. They all just wanted out of this horrible war. I was going to get them out. I had already sent the messages through to Victor and Corey. When this finished by this evening, we would need transport for about one-hundred. The pickup was even riskier. The military was going to have to come inside the Russian border, either that or Kota, Gabriel, or Charles was flying us out. That's the problem we were trying to work out now.

"The missile they are bringing through is a nuclear missile. They are taking it from a storage facility to a base not far from here, it is just north of Omsk. What we need to do is figure out how to get everyone out safely, where they are going to stay and wait, whether we are flying them out or the Air Force is, and whether Charles has enough time to do what he has to do." My head was killing me already.

"I will have time. Getting what I need is not the problem. I was taught to bypass the continuously changing codes. The problem is getting out of there quickly and undetected. Once I have the codes, they will know it, and they will be after me. There is no way to kill the tracker. It is embedded. We don't wan..." Charles was interrupted by Gabriel.

"Oy, what the fu*k Charles? This is sh*t! I thought we were fu*kin friends, and brothers. Quit fu*king hiding sh*t from us arsehole! Just tell us what the fu*k you are supposed to be doing instead of dancing around the subject." Gabriel crossed his arms and huffed as he sat back in his chair.