Chapter 9

Monday.

    It was hard to believe we had fans after only one performance, and the performance was two days ago. Very, very shocking.

    During lunch, I saw a senior walking to our table. He had looks similar to James, and wore a varsity jacket.

    "Hey, you guys were great on Friday." He said, taking a seat next to Michael.

    "Thanks." I smiled.

    "I'm Josh, I work at Under 21, for the sound system. Was that your first time performing?" He asked, with a teasing grin.

    "Yes." I laughed. "How did you know?"

    "You were all tensed up during the first three to five songs. I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing." Josh chuckled. "But you weren't bad, for starters. It was pretty good for a first gig, aye?"

    "I suppose." Kate said, sipping on a carton of apple juice. "I thought I told you all not to tense up."

    "Yeah, well we did, and it was in the past so don't bring it up." James replied defensively.

    "Fine, fine." Kate smiled teasingly.

    "So, the club wants you to do it weekly. The crowd loved you, and there will be an increase in people at the club. You want to do it?" Josh offered.

    "We'll talk about it later and get back to you tomorrow." I replied with a small smile.

    "Alright." Josh stood up and started to walk away, but then whipped around and walked back to us. "Oh, I almost forgot." He dug a hand through his backpack and it reappeared with a CD in it's case.

    "Here, it's the CD from the performance. Again, you guys were amazing." Josh smiled, handed the CD to us, and walked away.

    We stared at the disk.

    "Is this real?" Michael asked, his eyes darting all over the CD.

    "Only one way to find out." Harmony smirked. "Emergency meeting tonight after school at my house."

*************************************************************************************************************

    School whizzed by (like it usually did, when I started singing for Stuck On Replay), and I found myself sitting in Harmony's basement with Kate and Harm. Harmony's foot was tapping anxiously.

    "Oh, where are they?" Her foot started tapping faster and her fingers started fumbling. She hadn't realized it, not yet, anyways.

    I raised my eyebrow at her fumbling fingers and her quick foot tapping. She looked confusedly at me, then looked down. The tapping and the fumbling stopped.

    "Sorry, I just want to get this meeting over with. Homework." She tried to smile, but I could tell she was nervous.

    "Dude, Harmony, chill, I know they'll be here." Kate told Harmony.

    Sure enough, just as Kate finished speaking, the boys ran down the steps.

    "Sorry we're late, Coach held us back to tell us about some scholarship chance to Watford College." James said quickly in one breath.

    "Just sit down." Harmony glared at them.

    "Anyways, let's start what was so called, the "emergency meeting"." I announced.

    "We should listen to the performance, see how we sound." Kate suggested.

    Harmony pulled out the CD from her backpack and put it into the stereo.