Chapter 10

Christmas and winter break passed by faster than I would have thought. The twins, Clara and I didn't spend it at home, but were sent presents from the rest of the family. It felt weird, not spending it at home, but safety is more important than the holidays, I suppose.

    The band gigs had been going well, no hecklers, and we started interacting with the audience a little more. All the crowd wanted was more music. We'd been doing more covers, but still keeping a balance between the original music and the covers.

    The band received a really cool surprise the Friday we got back from Winter Break.

    We'd been bored out of our minds, finished with practice earlier than usual. We decided to have a little dance party with music provided by the radio.

    "And now here's Break Free, by Stuck On Replay." The radio announced loudly.

    My jaw dropped open. Harmony's eyes widened.

    "Oh my..." I couldn't even finish my sentence, I was so shocked.

    "That's us." James said in awe.

    "THAT'S US!" Michael cried, and started jumping up and down.

    "Oh my gosh do we really sound like that?" Kate asked, and stared at the radio.

    "OH MY GOSH WE'RE ON THE RADIO!" Harmony screamed.

    We danced and jumped around like the maniacs we were, laughing and singing along.

    A few minutes later, the song ended.

    New accomplishment, gained.

*************************************************************************************************************

    That night, at Under 21, we marched out cheerfully.

    "How's everyone doing?" I asked, as I plucked the microphone off the the stand and moved to the left of the stage.

    The crowd cheered in response.

    "So as some of you may know, we were on the radio today." I grinned as they cheered yet again.

    "And that brings me to the first song. Girls and guys, this is "Break Free"!" I exclaimed into the mic, and we launched into the song.

    "It's been a while now,

    Don't feel like I'm yours,

    How did we fall apart?

    Maybe that one summer night,

    When you told me

    Everything was going to be alright,

    How did I read it so wrong?

    Here we are again,

    Trying to stick together

    I think it's finally time for us to break free,

    I'm no longer the melody to your harmony,

    We're done, why can't you see?

    That it's over, and I'm breaking free...

    I'm not one to fall,

    But I did for you,

    And I still stayed,

    After everything you put me through,

    Now I'm finally saying,