Prologue

Working for the Academy has been the one thing that she looks forward to every day. Not because it was something she loved to do, but because it helped her get through every day. It gave Sang a purpose to keep going, a reason for her existence.

With a evil step mother, a sister who supports and sometimes helps the step mother in her evil ways, and a neglectful father who turns a blind eye, to all that happens with in the house.

So when the Academy approached her one-day, and asked if Sang would like to join. She happy and hurriedly agreed. When they asked what class she would like to join, Sang told them, all of them.

Sang didn't care if it took her ten years to graduate from the Academy, but she was so happy to learn something new, be someone new, that she wanted it all.

But five years later, every course they have; completed. From different languages, to every fighting technique, to be able to handle all guns, to hack any program, to wilderness survival, you name it, she learnt it.

But for some reason, after everything Sang had learnt, all the places she had been, there is always something missing. And no matter how much Sang tried to find it, it always eludes her.

So at the age of twenty, long since left her family behind, after countless missions complete, and one of the highest ranks to ever go through the Academy, Sang was still as lost as the day she first started with the Academy.

Her lasted mission had led her to England, and after completing it, she decided to take a long needed break and travel around England.

At the moment Sang was in Cornwall, at Tintagel Castle to be exact. She had a thing for history and there is nothing more fascinating than the United Kingdom history. She loved visiting all of the castles, and the ruins left in their wake. Sang sometime imagine what it could have been like to live in a different world, where there was no technology, where you had to work hard to get what you wanted, not be given it to you within a moments notice.

Sang pulls the hood up on her coat, as she gazes out across the ocean from atop the cliff. It's the middle of winter at the moment, so the lack of tourist is non-existent. It's almost nice to have all of this to herself, trying to image the days it was at it's full potential.

She closes her eyes and tilts her head back, taking in a deep breath, trying to catch an imaginary scent. She can almost here the music as the sound of instruments wash over her, the sound of men laughing, the ladies giggling. The clanking of chains, the sound of horse hooves pounding against the ground, steel against steel.

Sang opens her eyes to see what was once the middle of the day was now looking out into blackness, and a fog swirling around her feet.

"It's a funny thing time isn't it?" She jumps at the sound of what sounds like an old man standing beside her. She hadn't even heard him approach. The deep black cloak with a hood blocks out all features of the man.

"What?" She enquires, turning slightly to get a better look at him.

"Time. It's here, there, everywhere. Yet, it's the one thing man have never been able to grasp, to understand. It takes us to remarkable places, sometimes-terrible places. But it's the person who uses the time they have wisely that can make a difference with how they use it." He pauses for a moment, and she can feel his gaze on her, weighing, assessing, and testing. "What will you do with the time that has been given to you Sang?"

"How do you know my name?" Sang takes a step back, her hackles fully up.

"I know everything there is to know about you Sang Sorenson. It's my job to know all. I know how you are lost; constantly searching for where you belong. Yet you never find it, no matter where you go or where you search." He takes a closer step towards me, leaving barely an inch of space between us. "So my question to you is, what will you do with the time that has been given to you?" He points behind her and she turns to see what was once a deserted ruin, was now a fully functional castle, and surrounded by people.

Sang whips back around to the man only to see he is now gone. She turns around in a full circle trying to figure out where he had gone. After a moment, she finally realise that the man is gone, and that she will know have to face what lies ahead of her.

What that was, was anyone's guess, and the only thing she did know, was she was definitely not in Kansas anymore.

With each step Sang took towards the castle, the old mans question kept repeating in her head. What will she do with the time that has been given to her? To that she didn't know, but she sure as hell was going to find out.