Chapter I

The sound of Sang's shackles dragging against the ground, and the ones around her wrist, clanging together with every step she took, was the only noise to be heard, as the eight black coat guards led her to an unforseen destination.

She was unable to see the faces of the guards as they all had their hoods up, hiding their faces in the darkened hallways. For what she could make out, they were all heavily built and heavily armed, as if a small girl like myself could take them on.

Maybe a year ago she would have been able to, but a year spend in the Slave Mines of England, Sang Sorenson had become nothing more than a shell of what she use to be.

Sang remember the day clearly when she first turned up at; or should I say, turned up 'in' the past. She had ventured into the castle to see what adventures await. Unfortunately Sang got more than she could bargain for. The guards had taken one look at her and taken her before the King. As she couldn't actually tell him where she lived or where she was from, he had sent her straight to the slave mines.

So far the past is definitely not working in her favour, and the time she was given, has so far been put to poor use. As to why she was now being pulled away from the ever constant days of torture, had her freaking out for a whole new reason.

Sang could tell that they were going around in circles, up and down, left then right, all to confuse her, to prevent her from escaping. Normally Sang would have been insulted, but to her humour, all they were doing was making her more familiar with the surroundings.

The one on her right, who was gripping her arm, shifted his head in her direction and she flashed him a grin. He shifted back to the front tightening his grip on her. She didn't know the reason to the stroll through the building that held most of the England's slave mines overseers, but it was a nice break from having to spend a day with a pickaxe in her hand.

Unless of course they were finally leading Sang to her death, something she would welcome with open arms. Most of the slaves of Endovier never lasted more than three months at the mines, before their sanity broke, and either killed themselves or provoked a guard into finishing of the final blow. Some died from infections, some died from starvation, and others just never woke up the next morning.

Sang examined the gloved hand holding her arm, shamed to admit that the black of his glove almost matched the dirt on her skin. Looking around at the other guards she notice how well they are all dressed, and noticing the mark of the England's Royal crest on it. The King's guards? What could they possible wont with her?

Adjusting her dirty tunic, and adjusting her wrist like decorative bracelets, she glanced to the one on her right.

"You're a long way from London, Captain," she said clearing her throat. "Are you with the stampede of elephants I heard earlier?" She tried to peer into the darkness under his hood but his features were hidden from her. Yet, she still felt his eyes on her, weighing, judging, and testing.

To say the Captain of the Royal Guards would be an interesting opponent, maybe even worthy of some effort on her part, actually put a smile on her face. As if sensing where her mind was headed, the Captain growled and increased him pace.

"And what of the armies of England matter to you?" Oh what a magnanimous voice. I wonder if his appearance is just as perfect.

"Nothing." She said, shrugging. His only answering response was a growl.

Oh it would be nice to see his blood spill all over the nice clean marble floor. She had lost her temple once before. One of the guards had taken a whip to her back, after the third strike, what sanity she had left broke. She had made it just under five feet from the wall, after taken down thirty two of the guards.