Chapter II

Sang was awoken the next morning to the door being thrown open against the wall.

She heard footsteps heading towards the bed before stopping short. Sang could tell that it was the Captain, and he surely was looking for her. But he wouldn't find her on the bed, but on the floor. Even though she was thoroughly and mentally tired, sleeping on the bed turned out to be a bit of a hindrance.

After sleeping only on a hard ground with no support whatsoever, Sang found what was once a luxury, now another obstacle for her to overcome.

So after tossing and turning for a good hour, Sang had moved most of her bedding to the floor, and there she was able to find the comfort of sleep.

"Why are you on the floor?" The Captain enquirers, but you could tell from his tone he really didn't care for her answer.

"I just am. Is it time to get up already?" She slowly sits up shielding her eyes from the sun piercing through the small window.

Not having seen daylight for so long, that small amount that she was exposed to was already hurting her over sensitive eyes.

"We leave in thirty minutes. Be ready to leave, dressed or not." With that he turns around and slams the door shut.

What is it with that man and slamming doors? It's way too early for that crap. Maybe she'll get a chance to slam that oversized head of his in the door, it may teach him a lesson on etiquette.

Sang lay back down on the made up bed throwing an arm over her eyes, not wanting to rise just yet.

The door slams open again, but this time he doesn't come in. "And don't go back to sleep."

Seriously picturing all the things she would love to do to him right now, and none of them pretty.

"Miss, your clothes are ready for you." Sang uncovers her eyes taking a peek at the maids standing over her.

Groaning in exasperation, she slowly rises and follows the ladies to where they had the dress laid out.

It was a simple blue dress, the color of the sky on a clear day, and was one made for riding. Nothing too fancy, but a whole lot nicer than what she is accustomed to. Thankfully there was no corset; otherwise she didn't know is she would have survived the journey.

Twenty minutes later, dress on, hair braided, shackles back on, Sang was been escorted between two guards she had yet to meet.

"So, what your name? Or is that need to know?" They both turned to look at her assessing, wondering if she was worthy of a response.

Unlike yesterday when they were all clad in secrecy, today there hoods were down showing off their perfect features.

The one to her right was at least two and a half heads taller than Sang. He had deep black hair, and eyes almost to match. He had a firm square jaw that was clenched tight that drew attention to his thick lips. His broad shoulders and prominent muscles of his arms and legs were enough to put fear in anyone. Add in his olive complexion and he was almost a figurehead for what a Greek God should be.

Where the one on her left wasn't as huge as the one on her right, he looked just as scary. He was just as tall as the other guard, but he had dark brown hair with brown eyes, eyes that held no softness in them at all. He had a gold hoop earring in his left ear and wore a chain around his neck, but she was unable to make out what it was. He wasn't as big as the other guard but the smooth tan skin showed the definition of muscle there.