Chapter IX

Hey all,

So this was a chapter that I have been sitting on for a while. Hope you like.

A-A

Sang stood staring at the males in front of her, not quite grasping what was going on. What ever they had been doing before Sang had arrived had her baffled, as they were still frozen in really weird positions.

Scrunching up her face in confusion, Sang tilts her head trying to get a better look at them. "Did I interrupt something? Did you want me to go?" She points behind her tilting her the other way, still not looking away.

Owen, being the only one still fully dressed, Sang forced herself to focused on him, trying not to look like a blushing teenager. "Not joining in on the fun, or what ever this is?" She gestures with her hands towards the others.

Owen looks over at them and smiles, not his millimetre smile that she sometime sees grace his lips, but this was a full on, teeth showing smile. All thoughts of hot half naked guys forgotten at the sight she was witnessing.

Owen turned back to her, his smiles faltering when he catches her staring at him, in what she didn't know, but the thought of wonder, awe, and a bit of amusement crossed her mind. Sang didn't know how to act around him, or any of them, it was almost as if her being a way for a week released a pressure on them that made them forget all their troubles, and remembered how young they actually are. Sang just hoped that now that she was back, that nothing changed, and that the smile that is, was, on Owen lips stayed there. It wasn't until it disappeared that she realised she wanted nothing more than to see it again, and be the one to put it there.

Shaking her head to clear her of her thoughts, she looks around at them, noticing that they had finally untangled themselves and were standing there, arms crossed smirking in her direction. It was only then she realised that none of them had even answered her, and she wondered if they actually wanted her back or not.

As if sensing where her thoughts had gone, Luke came forward and wrapped her in a bone crunching hug. "I knew you would come back Sang. Or should I call you Catherine?" She leans back in shock looking up into Luke's eyes.

"You knew?" Luke leaned down and kissed her on the cheek next to her ear.

"Of course Sweetness, but don't worry, your secret is safe with me." Grabbing both of his cheeks Sang leans in and plants a big wet kiss on his lips.

"You are truly one of a kind Luke. Thank you." Luke face lights up and Sang can't help but smile back.

"Hey fucker, move out the way, I wont a kiss to." Gabriel came up and squeezed himself in between them both wrapping her up in a hug. He pulled back and licked up the side of her face and growled 'mine', causing Sang to giggle. Gabriel silenced her with a quick peck to the lips and a small growl, almost making Sang want to growl back.

One by one, they all came up wrapping her in their warm, all with small kisses planted on her lips. Sang didn't know what to make of the situation, what they were all thinking, what this means, if it means anything. Where Sang comes from, kissing someone meant something, kissing many at once, well... The only thing she knew was that in just a short time in being with them, and she meant short, Sang was starting to fall for them, how hard? Well that she didn't know yet, but she knew the longer she stayed with them, the harder it was going to be to choose just one, but the scary part was, she didn't want to choose just one.

Owen was the only one who was yet to come up to her and greet her back, so taking the initiative, Sang stepped out of Dakota's arms and walked over to Owen.

"I'm sorry I ran away, and any hassle I may have caused. I promise that while I'm here never to go against your rules again, and I'll train everyday and any hour you require." She kept her head bowed, not wanting to see his expression.

A hand under her chin lifted it up until she had no choice but to meet his eyes. She was expecting anger, hatred even disgust, but she saw none of that. What she saw was something she had never seen on his face before...sympathy. Sang didn't even know that he had it in him to have such an emotion, and Sang was left speechless.

"Miss Sorenson, it is I who am sorry. The things I said," Owen shook his head closing his eyes, his hands now placed on her shoulder. "I should never have said that to you, I should have listened instead on demanding more than you are already giving. In the whole time you have been with us, not once have you complained; not when you where pushing yourself beyond exhaustion, not once when you threw up, not once when you were knocked to the ground, every single time you got up again and kept going. I saw every day how strong you were, are, and it was that strength that drew us all towards you, and because of that I became afraid. Afraid that something would happen to you and you would leave us all broken, more than we already are. If it wasn't for the Academy we..."

Sang who had tears streaming down her face at Owens world, reeled back in shock. "What did you say?"

Owen looked to her confused not understanding. "About what? All of it?"

Sang shakes her head, waving her hands in front of her, "no. About the Academy?"

"It's something we, the nine of us created. We try and help those in need, right the wrongs that have been done. We called it the Academy because we didn't want anyone to know it's true purpose or who is in it. No one else knows of this information, but you don't seem surprised by this, how is it so?"

Sang steps back covering her face with her hands, not believing that these people, these men, are the reason the Academy exists today. If it wasn't for them, if they never created the Academy, she would have been lost in life, possibly dead at the hands of her parents. She owed them her life in more mays than one, and the thoughts brought her to her knees, as sobs racked her body.

Owen fell besides her, pulling her into his arms. "What did I say? Have I caused you grievance?"

She shook her head, pulls back and smiles and shocks them all by pulling Owen towards her and planting one on his lips. Sang pulls back laughing and wraps her arms around his neck hugging him a death grip.

"Is anyone else lost, because I have no fucking idea what's going on?" Sang giggled into Owens neck smiling up at Gabriel.

"Hey sweetie, can you tell us what's going on? And maybe let go of Owen, I think your scaring him with too much affection." Sang laughed and pulled away from Owen grabbing a hold of Sean's hand to help her rise.

"Miss Sorenson, we are waiting."

Sang looked around at them all ready to tell them, to tell them everything. But then she remembered that she is from the future, and nothing she could say could convince them anyway. The joy at finding out something that gave her a reason to live, to keep going, a purpose, was quickly washed away when she knew she would never be able to experience that joy with the people who gave it to her.

"Sang is everything ok?" Sang glanced towards Silas, but couldn't quite meet his eyes.

"It's nothing. I'm sorry, just forget I said anything. I do have a question though?"

"And what would that be Sweetie?"

"When did we move on to kissing?"