CHAPTER XV

If Sang had a diary right now - or actually ever owned one - she knew exactly what she would be writing in it. Well she would if she could move. Pain. That was all she felt right down to the bone, every muscle hurt, even her skin felt raw even though there was no reason for it. Well the sore muscle part, cause that's a given. But the raw skin feeling... Who knows the reason for that?

But that isn't what she would be writing about. No, it would be about the fact that last night Sang remembers falling asleep on the couch talking to the guys, except the Captain, but she'll get back to that later. What had her intrigued and a little giddy was the fact she was wrapped up in two sets of arms and legs with nude well-defined chests pressed up against her front and back of her body. It's probably why she feels like she is being smothered to death.

Without opening her eyes she could tell who exactly was lying in bed with her. To think about it, the sweetness of Luke's vanilla and sugar scent to North's light, rick musk scent were both the complete opposite of each other as were their looks and personality. But Sang wouldn't change a thing with either of them; there scent matching their personality to a T.

Keeping her eyes closed Sang cuddled more into the chest she was laying on, Luke tightening his hold on her from behind. She almost started giggling when she realized she was in a Taylor sandwich, a sandwich she never wanted to leave.

But of course she knew she had to, knowing that the Captain will be there soon to take her to another day of training, or what she likes to call torture. Sang never minded a good jog before, even got up early every morning to go for a run, but this? This was cruelty not running, this was killing of the competition before the test even started. The way Sang saw it going, they wouldn't make it to twenty weeks, more like ten before the final test.

Sang's eyes flew open at this remembering what the old weapons master, Master Brullo, had said about the Champion becoming the King's Assassin. She flew up in bed, dislodging Luke in the process, and tried to take in what it meant to win. Oh hells to the no. She did not sign up for that.

She may have killed people before, but that was for survival, could this really be classified as the same thing? Of course she wanted to talk to the Captain about it yesterday, but the bastard had avoided her like she was a plague. Bloody coward, she thought.

"Who's a coward?" North grunts his voice rough from sleep.

She jumped looking down at North, not realizing that she had spoken out loud. "What?" She started flushing as she watched as his hand trailed down his chest and scratches at a spot just above his night pant things.

Luke threw an arm around her shoulder and leant his chin on her other shoulder. "Morning Sugar. What's got your panties in a twist so earlier in the morning?"

"Oh, it was nothing. Just thinking out loud." Sang rests her head against Luke's her eyes closing.

"Come on Sang Baby, let's get up and have some breakfast. You have another big day ahead of you and you need to keep up your strength." She smiles down at him, loving how even though his half asleep he still thinks about her and her wellbeing.

"We're up, it's you who's still laying downing, lazy bum." But at that her stomach lets out a loud grumble, as if agreeing with North. "Well, I guess my stomach spoke, it's breakfast time." She climbs over North and stretched before walking over to the door. "I hope there is heaps of food, I'm starving and could eat a horse."

"It may be to late to get you it for breakfast, but if you really want some, we can order it for dinner." Luke says calmly like it's an every day occurrence to eat horse.

Of course her reaction was anything but, whirling around so fast her hair whipped out around her like a fan. "WHAT?" She yells disgusted. "It's just a saying, please don't kill any horses on my behalf."