Chapter V

The following morning Sang was up long before the maid or the Captain were due to make an appearance. She used the bedpost as pieces of exercise equipment and anything else she could find in the house.

Sang knew she was pushing herself hard, but if she doesn't make it to her full capability by the end of the month, she may as well hand her life over on a silver platter.

At that present moment Sang was in a stand up position resting on one arm the other of to her side, trying to work on her balance, knowing it's a key skill in her ability to fight. She glances up as the bedroom door is thrown open and a pair of black boots stop in her line of vision. Slowly lowering her arm back to the floor, she works her stomach muscles as she slowly lowers herself back to the floor, her feet the last thing to touch the ground. Leaning her lower body to the ground she stretched her upper body up until she is able to gaze up at the Captains curious gaze.

Jumping to her feet, she smiles at the Captain before walking over to the table to grab a glass of water.

"Your up early today Miss Sorenson. How long have you been awake for?" Sang looks over at him while grabbing a towel and wiping of the sweat that had gathered on her body.

"Long enough to get a small workout in." Throwing the towel onto the bed she squares her shoulders before crossing her arms in front of her chest. "I want to try something different today. As I don't know what waits for myself in this competition, I need to make sure I cover all grounds. Will you or your man be able to help me train in the art of the sword?"

Sang expects the Captain to say no, and after a moments silence, she believes that she will have to argue with him to be granted this. But to her surprise he nods his head before motioning towards the door.

Just like the day before they start of at a run, but this time the Captain leads them away from the direction of the woods, and of through the gardens. After a short fifteen-minute jog, they reach a large barn like structure.

The Captain opens the door gesturing for her to proceed in front of him. Not knowing what to expect, Sang hesitantly walks in, taking stock of her surroundings.

What she sees has her mouth open gasping in shock. The room was set up as an open floor plan. Every wall held every assortment of weapons. There were ropes hanging from the ceiling, weird looking pieces of machinery, that she had no idea as to what their purpose was.

"This place is amazing. Why didn't you show it to me yesterday?" Sang turned around to meet the Captains gaze.

"You know, for a female you are very unusual. I have never met one who was existed to see this place." That millimetre smile appeared on his face as if he found something amusing. "And if they did, it was to see what a real man looked like as he worked out."

Smiling internally she decided to get one back at him. "Oh no. Where you always absent on those days? Will it help with your manly pride, and that big head of yours, if I watch you all work out?" Sang looked over at them all and couldn't help but picture it. Maybe one day she will be one of those women, just to see them all shirtless and the sweat dripping... Giving her head a shake clearing her head of the mental picture.

She glanced up to see them all smirking at her, with the Doctor giving her a full blown smile, sending a wink her way.

"It appears that, that will be unnecessary," that small smile of his never leaving his face as he walks over to one of the walls. "Now to business. I'll have you start of with Sean first as he is the lover of the group, and is less likely to want to hurt you."

"Now, now Captain, if your going to make jokes, at least let me sit down first so I'm more prepared for it." Sean and the others laugh and the Captain just shakes his head, pinching the bridge of his nose.