Chapter XIV

Hey everyone,

Sorry about the long wait. I apologise about any mistakes or if this one is crap, just wanted to get something out there for you all.
Anyway, hope you enjoy,
Love A-A

Captain Blackbourne POV

Family Meeting...

Owen sat in the room that Prince Victor and himself had set up for a place of private to discuss all things Academy. Mr Taylor Jr. and Mr Korba had built a table large enough to fit the nine of them, and had carved their names into it at their chosen place at the table. Right down the middle was the words Academy, and the symbol Mr Coleman had designed.

Tonight we would be discussing certain matters about the young Miss Sorenson and how to ensure she won this competition. At the moment he was waiting on the others to arrive, most taking Miss Sorenson back to her quarters, leaving two to stay with her while the rest of us discuss certain matters.

The sound of the door opening had Owen glancing up at the new arrive, and saw a tired looking Sean walk in.

"How is she?" Owen asks, allowing his walls to fall around his best friend.

"Tired. Exhausted. It was all we could do to make sure she had food in her stomach before she collapsed for the night. North and Luke are staying with her tonight, she should be safe." Sean replied collapsing into his spot at the table.

"Very good. How long before the others arrive?" He asked picking up his wine and taking a large mouthful.

"Should be here soon. They weren't to far behind me when I left." He poured himself a drink and downed the lot before refilling it and leaning back in the chair, one hand tapping away at the table, the other holding his cup. "She was looking for you, waiting for you to come."

Owen didn't have to ask who she was, but he was still surprised by Sean's observation. "She was? Why?"

The Healer rolled his eyes at Owen and scoffed. "Oh I don't know, maybe because that girl is so completely in love with you and you're to daft to even see it."

Owen stares shocked for a moment before shaking his head. "Impossible. How could she love someone like me?"

"Everyone can see it Owen, you just have to look. She would jump into a fire if you told her to, that girl will do anything to make you happy. To her, you are perfection, someone she seriously wants to impress and will go to great length it make sure it happens."

"But I see the way she is with you all. It is you and the others she loves, not someone like me."

Sean shakes his head downing the remaining liquid this time not refilling it. "Gabe told me about what she shared with the two of you. If what Gabe said was true than Sang has only ever witnessed the love between others, never truly loving anyone, then she is completely inexperienced in the matter and the fact that she has opened herself to us, to show us a small part of whom she really is, is a gift in itself. I believe that Sang has enough room in her heart to love us equally, we just have to show her that she is not wrong in doing so."

"So you agree that we should all share her? How will this work? There are nine of us and one of her, and what about Victor? He is a prince and will one day have to marry someone, what will happen then?"

"Voice the questions you have when the others arrive Owen. This is a family matter and should be addressed when the others are here. Just don't hide yourself when the others arrive, let them in, let them see your fears, otherwise we will never get to the heart of the matter." His friend replies.

"And what is the heart of the matter Sean?"

"That you are scared. That you fear that she wont choose you, or that she will leave us, or she will perish in this competition. You are not alone in your fears Owen, we all fear it, as to why we have called this meeting, and to address other matters at hand as well." Owen raises an eyebrow in surprise and a silent question.