Being friends

Caroline's POV

It was midnight and we decided to drink and out some music on, Rebekah made me and Bonnie dancing. After a few drinks I was dancing on the table without even care who was seeing, then I sing the chorus with the girls, after the song ended, we went to the ground, laugh of our figures and hug each other.

Then other song start to play and I start dancing by myself, of course I would prefer if dancing, specially with Niklaus but I was to shy to ask him to dance with me. I dance alone and after awhile I felt someone's breath behind me, I didn't know who was it but I didn't care, I just kept dancing, then I feel the person getting closer and resting the hands on my waist, I could smell him, it was Klaus and I automatically smile.

"Turn around. I would like to see your face." He said, making me smirk, I turn around slowly and saw Niklaus smirking at me.

We smirked at each other, he continue with his hands on my waist and then pull me to get closer to him, I smiled and put my arms around his neck than we start dancing again and smiling to each other. A couple of songs after that I stopped dance and drink from the bottle to forget about how good was his touch on my skin. I was crazy, I just met him and it was like some side of me knew him for a long time...

I talked awhile with Elijah after dancing with Niklaus and sometimes I noticed he looking at us, from the Connor of my eye he seemed mad, almost seemed like if he was jealous of me talking with Elijah, but it was probably just my imagination with alcohol mixed in it.

It was 3 am when I went to my bedroom. I fell asleep really fast and have a really lively dream and it was me and Niklaus dancing in a ball, I was with a blue dress and I was feeling sparkles inside me but fake that I was being hard to get, than I woke up. It was weird but I didn't have too much thought to the subject. It was just a dream, it didn't mean anything... I decided to take a long bath.

Klaus's POV

I was in the kitchen with Rebekah, she was tired of asking me what was wrong and I didn't answered her.

"Good morning." Elijah said to us.

"Look if it's not my dear brother that it's trying to get the women I love." I said with anger.

"What are you talking about brother?" He asked.

"You and Caroline were very friendly last night." I said trying to show only anger but I seemed more a jealous boyfriend than an angry guy.

"Are you jealous? I won't still the person you like, I wouldn't do that." Elijah said.

"Of course because you are an honorable person. But if I recall, you were the one who make Tatia be with you even knowing that I was the person who liked more than everyone in that village and you were the one who make the doppelgänger run from me for five hundred years. And if I'm not mistaken you are the one who kill Tatia and didn't tell me about it." I told him.

"Klaus... I don't li--"

"Good morning guys!" Caroline said cutting Elijah off.

"Good morning" everybody said back.

"Hey" I said to her and then I went to my study room and start to pain. A few minutes later, someone knocked on the door "I don't want to talk Elijah."

"It's Caroline." An angelic voice said and I open the door.

"What can I do for you love?" I asked because even if she is falling for my brother I can't help but try to make her happy, I still love her, she's the love of my life.

She gave me a small smile and then asked "is everything okay? When I enter in the kitchen everyone was tense and you didn't seem alright."

"I will be fine."

"There's anything I can do to help."

"Why are you so worried about if I'm okay?"

"I don't know. I just worry about you. I know that we barely know each other and you probably think of me as one of your sisters friends, but I would like to be your friend too." She said.

"You don't have to worry about me and I would like to be your friend." I said trying to seem the most convincing possible in the last part.

"Great. I guess I better go and let you be here doing whatever you were doing before I come here." She said and turn around to leaving, but I quickly grabbed her wrist making her turn around to see me.

"Thank you..." I said and she gave me a confused look "for worry about me"

I kissed her cheek and then I got back to my original position, I just look deeply into her eyes and she did the same.

"I better go" she said making me get out of my trance.