Chapter 8

Caroline's POV

I was in the garden taken a walk and thinking about why I am not remember about this necklace and how I knew it had a meaning. It is weird that I didn't remember things but I had feelings about them.

"Caroline." A British voice interrupt me from my thoughts, I turn around and saw Rebekah's brother.

"Nik." I said, he smiled to me and I saw his eyes sparkling.

"What are you doing in here, alone?" He asked and he seemed concerned about me, witch is weird because we barely know each other.

"Just take a walk. But I'm okay. I can take handle myself." I said and he gave me a weak smile.

"You shouldn't be alone though. What do you think about me showing you my paintings?"

"Wait. The paintings I saw in that office were yours?" I asked smiling and he nodded with a smirk, showing his super cute dimples. Then we start walk to his office. "You really are an artist. Do you make any exhibitions of your paintings?"

"No. I don't really like to show to many people my paintings. Just people I care about."

"Is the big bad hybrid saying that cares about a baby vampire?" I asked him and he looked at me serious and make me stop to look at him.

"You are so much more than a baby vampire. You are strong and caring, you are protective of the people you consider your friends or family, you are full of light and you are fearless... I admire you and care about you." He said and I couldn't help but blush with all the compliments he gave to me.

"I might disappoint you. You don't know me that well." I said with a joking smile.

"Rebekah also talks a lot about you. And besides I am a great judge of character." He said and I smiled to him.

Klaus's POV

I went to my office with her and show her some of my paintings. We stayed there for a couple of hours and I just observe her admiring my paintings, she complemented all of them and we talked about the feelings the paintings represented.

"It's a waist they being just in here. Everyone should seen them. They are beautiful, splendid, magnificent... They are amazing. You have this huge talent, the world should know." She said while we were walking to the living room.

"Thanks. But I think I prefer them where they are." I told her and she just nodded.

I served us some bourbon and when I gave her the cup, she gave me a thank you smile.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"You already did." She said with a smile and I smiled back at her but then I got serious.

"If you didn't remember about the necklace, how did you knew it had a meaning?" I asked her.

"I don't know. I just had this feeling that it had a meaning and it had a reason why something inside of me told me to not take it out. It's weird really. Since the day I passed out I feel like something is off, it's just I feel something is missing. My head says that it's nothing and I am just imagining things but my heart says that something really important in my life is missing... I don't know. I think I am just getting crazy." She said and without knowing she gave me more hope because Caroline felt something was missing, and the only thing I needed to show her is that I was the one who was missing in her life.