Chapter one

|Edited|

"Focus. Imagine the water in the air and think up. Imagine it floating above you." Marcus says behind me.

"This is pointless." I say turning to him and opening my eyes to glare at him. He is the packs trainer and scroll keeper. He holds all the knowledge to the past white wolves, or frost wolves. He helped all of them and is almost 500 years old but doesn't look a day over 30. Most packs have only had 2 if lucky and an older pack 3 scroll keepers. No they don't hold old ancient scrolls or anything. We just stick to the old name for them.

"No it's not. You have to clear your mind. Trust me I've train dozens of wolves with powers. They just weren't as strong as yours." He says and I close my eyes trying to calm my antsy wolf.

"Ok. Can we continue this tomorrow? Please? My wolf is antsy about something and I can't concentrate with her like this. I'll talk to her and try to have her calm for tomorrow." I say, the agitation clear in my voice, and before he even has a chance to respond I shift and run off with the normal trail of fire behind me. I run through the forest and into my backyard. I shift and appear in my human form with the normal Phoenix colored robe around me. Cool huh. I don't have to be completely naked when I shift back. After tying the ties on my robe I walk up to the back door and into the house. A sweet smell hits me and I grab an apple from the fruit bowl on the counter. I walk into the living room after slipping off my Phoenix colored slippers that come with the robe and say hello to my mother and father whom are talking to the beta of a pack that is making a quick visit.

"Kat. This is Joseph. He is the highest beta of the Blackwood pack." She says and I freeze. I'm a more powerful wolf than his alpha.

"Nice to meet you but I should get going. As you can see. I mearly just shifted back and I am sweaty from training today." I try to excuse myself.

"Oh how was training?  Did you get the water to move?" Mother asks and I shake my head.

"My wolf was keeping me from my needed concentration and I couldn't calm her down. I'm going back early tomorrow to see if she is calm. She is.....antsy today about something. She'll get over it." I says smiling gently giving mother and father a quick kiss on the cheek and exchanging nods with the beta before bounding up the stairs to my room. I hop in the shower cleaning myself and applying shampoo to my ombré hair. It's not your normal brown with blondish highlights. It is a fiery faded orange with darker orange highlights. After my shower is complete I step out and wrap a towel around myself before walking out to my bedroom softly singing flashlight by Jessie J. Barely audible but getting louder till I'm singing with a normal voice volume. Pulling on a matching set of black undergarment, a dark blue shirt that makes my brown eyes pop out. While buttoning up my white skinny jeans my door bursts open making me freeze in my song, position, and my breath. I quickly finish and walk into my closet ignoring the person who stormed into my room so rudely. I grab my brown belt from the back of my closet and put it on. I grab my blue converse and a coat then walk out to sit on my bed. The smell I had smelt earlier was now stronger. I dared not look up at him.

"Why are you ignoring me?" A husky voice demands.

"I'm waiting for you to leave, close my door, then try again but instead of barging in while I'm changing, knock." I say calmly tying my shoe ignoring his intense stare at my head.

"Sorry. Princessa that's not gonna happen." He says and I nod putting on my leather jacket and grabbing my keys.

"Very well." I say walking up to him and slowly stepping around him out of my room and into the hall still not looking at him anywhere higher than his shoes. A disrespectful man doesn't get the honor of looking me in the eyes. I don't care who he is. Unless he is dying or the person is my mother or father they don't get to barge into my room. I walk down the hall and down the stairs to the living room.

"I'm leaving." I say looking at my mother. They all are staring at me with wide eyes and I look at them expectantly.

"Do I have something on my face?" I ask touching my cheek. My mother shakes her head and I nod.

"Then I'll be off." I say walking out using my fingers to ruffle my brushed hair. Giving it a shaken look. Just as I'm about to step outside of the door I'm scooped up into strong arms bridal style.

"We'll be back." They man from my room says and I elbow him in the chest catching him off guard. I run out to the front lawn with him in tow and I stop setting a fire around me for protection. My eyes most likely have their normal fires in them when I use this power.

"Alpha, stop." The beta says and I freeze making the fire drop from me losing focus.

I finally make eye contact with a pair of furious black eyes that belong to the one and only.

Alpha Black

I use my teleporting power the moon goddess told me about and teleported to my place I found in the woods. It's a meadow I found when I was younger and I've come here at least twice a week since. I run to the big tree in the middle and climb it till I get a few feet from the top. I curl my legs up to my chest and my tears well up in my eyes. How am I suppose to be loved by a heartless monster whom has no respect for others privacy? I ask myself. Soon I cry myself to sleep hoping this is just some messed up dream that I will soon wake up from.