Thirty-One

I'm out working with the men doing a few finishing touches on the fence around the 120 acre territory. It's all really ours but we have documentation for just 120 acres so we only put the fence there. It's high enough to look like Peter can't jump over it but he can easily clear the fence. Peter walks around enjoying occasional pets and scratches from people when we are finishing the last stretch of fencing. The blacksmiths from every pack house came here to help make the fencing and I am very grateful that they are willing to help out.

"Alpha. We only have a little left to do." Gabby informs me and I nod.

"Yes I know." I say and go around to the front where some pack members are putting a gate that can slide open on request.

Alpha there are a series of cars approaching the territory. A warrior scouting the land beyond the fence informs me on the link.

Thank you. Stay mostly out of sight. I tell him. I sent out a few wolves that are the same size as normal wolves so if they are seen they aren't suspicious looking.

Act like your normal wolves. The rest of you that are still human keep doing rounds and act like you are guards. I say and start heading back like I don't know they're coming.

I make it to the house and inside when my phone rings.

"Sir. People are at the gate requesting access." The guard at the gate says and I head for my room to get properly dressed.

"I'll be there soon." I say and walk out in a pair of dress pants, a white button up and a black tie.

At my car, I toss my suit coat on the passenger seat and turn on the car. I smile as the engine revs and I see Peter step out of the house.

"You coming Peter?" I yell over the loud car and take off. Peter races ahead of me, his whole body off the ground every time he lurches forward for a step. It's amazing to watch his muscles move when he runs. I'm sure that's what I look like too. When the gate starts coming into view I slow down and stop just before the guard who is unfazed. I did hear some feared gasps for the guard from the other side of the fence though and chuckle a little.

Peter rubs up against me when I step out and I pet him.

"Go find her." I tell him and he runs off.

"Sir." The guard says and I face them. I motion to open the gates and step forward to go out.

"Hello. Can I help you?" I ask.

"Yes. The president caught wind of there being found a dire wolf." One informs stepping forward.

(I'm making the president someone else so there isn't any fighting about politics or anything. It's just a random name.)

"The president?" I ask.

"Yes. President Swanson." He says and I raise a brow.

"Came to see my dire wolf?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yes." He responds again.

"Right now." I say pointing to the ground meaning right this very second.

"Yes."

"What is the purpose of this?" I ask.

"He would like to ask you some things himself." He says and I shake my head.

"Unless I know your full intent I refuse to let you anywhere near him." I say and turn. I walk back in the fence and signal for it to be closed.

"Sir." A new voice calls and I raise my hand for them to wait. I turn and see a car door open with someone stepping out.