Thirty

With the pups feeding from Kat I guard the entrance to the den and growl when fast paws approach.

"Alpha." Walter yells from the link. I climb out of the den and see Walter running toward me with the guards hot on his tucked tail.

"Leave him." I warn and they all stop.

"Return to your posts." I command and they all slightly bow before running off.

"What is it Walter." I ask and turn back to the den. I sit in the entrance of the den and yawn.

"The park is looking for you and Luna. The Gordon guy told some officials about your description and showed them pictures the dean guy took. Most are convinced your are a dire wolf." His voice is fast and scared.

"What are you talking about. Dire wolves died out years ago." I say and focus on him.

"I....I looked at your ancestry and your great great great great great grand father was mated to a dire wolf instead of a werewolf. When his pups were born, three were werewolf and one was a full dire wolf. She was killed off along with the rest of the dire wolves but the three werewolves remained alive and your great great great great grand mother was one of them." He says and I growl. I should be mad that he did that but I can't help but be grateful he did.

"Now what?" I ask.

"Dire wolves have been thought to remain alive and hidden, but no one really knew. They are hunting you and Luna for your pups. They wish to breed them with wolves when they are older and to train them." He pauses and looks hesitant.

"For what?" I ask.

"For war alpha. They wish to train them as war slaves." He says and looks at me.

"You would be their alpha." He says and I growl.

"Thank you Walter. Send Peter here." I say and turn to go in the den.

"Alpha. Who is Peter?" He asks.

"The moon goddess sent a real wolf to protect Kat. Find her scroll keeper he knows." I say and he nods.

"Can......can I see them?" He asks when the little runt whimpers.

"I'll bring the little girl out." I tell him and disappear down into the den.

"What did Walter want?" Kat asks.

"I'll tell your later. He wants to see one of the pups and for his information he gave me I'm taking the little girl out." I say and she nods.

"Be careful." She says and I nod.

"Always kitten." I lick her muzzle and gently grab my little girl. I carry her out and lay at the entrance of the den with my baby in my paws.

"She's so little." He comments and I bare my teeth slightly.

"I have no problem with her being an omega alpha. I too, am one myself after all." He says and I lick her head.

"What's her name?" He asks.

"So far. Baby cakes." I joke and he chuckles softly.

"You shouldn't have her out here for too long. It is very cold." He comments shivering a little.

"Were you out all night again?" I ask.

"Yes alpha. Someone told Beta Clark that I was telling you false accusation and then had his group of friends chain me to the dog house outside." He mutters. I notice the fur around his neck is slightly matted and I growl.

"We are leave for the pack house. Now." I say and take my little girl in the den.

"We are going." I say and she stands.