Twenty-Nine

Everyone is frozen. It's obvious that word has gotten out of me and Kat.

"What do you mean Gordon." One asks.

"I mean the wolf that killed Dean is here." Gordon says and looks around the tree line for me.

"In his defense, dean attacked a wild animal with a tranquilizer while he was protecting his mate." A woman says looking at Gordon with disgust.

"It was his own damn fault for messing with him. He warned you from the story I remember." She says and Gordon's face brightens and he looks around the pack.

"What are you looking for." The woman asks.

"Not now Gen." He says and Gen grabs his arm.

"What are you looking for?" She asks.

"If he is here. That means his mate is too." Gordon says and his eyes stop on Kat. He shines his light on her and steps forward.

"You sneaky basterd. Come get her." He yells and Kat pees on the floor.

"Calm down kitten. You don't have to be scared." I say calmly in the link.

"That wasn't pee Black." She whispers.

"Oh no, everyone back up." This gen girl says and everyone listens to her but Gordon.

"Gordon. Get back." She snaps and Gordon looks at her.

"What are you fussing about, woman?" He asks.

"That was her water. When a male smells his females water, he becomes very protective." She says. I can feel Gold pushing hard against the barrier. A few of my pack wolves take the Yellowstone parks wolves and leads them home while most stay incase they're needed.

'Black. I'm scared.' Kat says and her wolf whimpers in pain.

"Get back Gordon." The woman yells and gold is almost able to push through after hearing his mate in pain. I shift to my human form to prevent Gold from taking control as easily and I put the shorts on.

"Kat." I yell and run into the clearing.

"Sir stay back." The woman yells but I ignore her. I run up to Kat and kneel beside her. She has laid down now and when the pack sees me so vulnerable, they circle around me and Kat.

"It's ok kitten." I whisper softly.

'It hurts Black.' She whimpers in the pack link and licks my hand.

"It's ok." I say calmly and pet from her head to her hip. I tuck her tail between her legs and gently slide one of my arms under her neck and one around her tail and back legs. I slowly lift her up and gently adjust her in my arms.

"It's ok." I whisper and she licks my arm. I give the people around me a brief glance before I run off into the trees. I hear the pack run up behind me and when I'm sure we're out of sight I run faster. We make it to the fence and I carefully walk through it. Once through I run again in the direction of my den.

I don't feel how cold my feet are in the snow or how fast my heart is beating or how cold my entire body is against the chill in the air and on my skin. I only feel the need to have Kat back in the den where she is safe.

"Have someone get Kats family away from the den." I yell out for the wolves behind me and when I reach the territory scent line the other wolves stop and I run in. I follow the scent line back to the den and I gently set Kat down at the mouth of the den.

I shift, not bothering to take the clothes off, and lift Kat by her scruff. I carry her in the den and grab the empty bucket and take it outside. I lay it on its side and use my nose to flick snow into the bucket and take it back in. I set it next to Kat and bring blankets to her.

"Lay them out black." She says in our link and unfold them for her laying them on top of each other. She slowly gets up and limps over to the pile of blankets. She lays down and I make a loose nest around her. I move the bucket of snow closer to her and climb back outside. I use branches to block the mouth of the den from the cold weather outside.

Back inside I make a small nest with a few extra blankets for the pups. I lay behind Kat when I finish with the pups nest and lick her head and back.

"Do you need anything?" Gold asks ready to get her anything she needs or wants.

"No. Just get me a chuck of snow." She whimpers and Gold is up and moving before she finishes. He tips the pail over and the show falls out breaking into chucks. He drops a piece in front of Kat and gently nudges the snow back in. He licks along Kats back and neck and nuzzles her.

"Gold. I love you. But please. Stop." Kat pants and whimpers when a contraction hits.

"Sorry love." He mutters and lays down curling around her. She sighs and lays her head down to rest a little. Soon she is whimpering and pushing my next heir out.

~~~~~

"Pup two is born." I mind link the pack doctor and focus back on my family.

The pups lay in the little nest I had made them and they snuggle against each other.

"Black. My wolf says we aren't done." Kat mumbles from her nest while I watch the pups.

"What does that mean?" I ask and she looks at me.

"There's another." She says and pants. I walk over to her and lick the sweat off her face.

"You'll be ok kitten. I'm right here." I say and she cries out the goes to help the pup. Out two pups start crying and I'm forced to go tend to them while she focuses on the next pup. I lick the two and they scoot closer to my muzzle. They must be cold.

"Kitten. I'm shifting back and drying the pups off." I tell her but she pays me not attention. I shift back and grab an extra blanket to dry the pups. I get them fairly dry without hurting them and put they back in the nest with a blanket over it. I shift back and go to see how Kat's doing.

"You're doing good love." I whisper licking her neck. Kat brings the new pup out and around to her front paws to clean it.

"Pup three is here." I link the doctor again.

"What's your wolf saying now?" I ask.

"We're done." She sighs and I lick the pup.

"Kitten. I'll clean her. Your tongue is bleeding." I lick her muzzle and take the pup to the little bed I made for myself.

"The other two are getting fussy. Try feeding them." I say and she nods. She slowly gets up and walks over to the nest. She takes them one by one to her big nest and helps guide them to a teet.

I take the little baby girl over to Kats nest and place her by Kats stomach. She doesn't go for food and just lays there. I lift her and place her closer and she latches onto a teet.

"Kitten. I think she's a runt." I lick her face.

"Please tell me your pack isn't one that disgraces runts." She pleads.

"No. Never." I shake my head and lick my tiny pup.

"She's smaller than my paw." I whisper and place my paw next to her tiny body.

"Black. Your paws are huge." She giggles and I sigh.

"I know." I mutter and muzzle her. I lick the pups back gently and curl up around Kat and my little pups.

"Get some rest Kitten. I'll watch after them." I lick her muzzle and she lays against me. Not long after, she's asleep and the pups are crawling around. My little girl crawls onto my front paws and snuggles close.

"Goodnight." I whisper licking her head and she easily falls asleep while I watch over her brothers.