Chapter Three

|Edited|

The next morning my mom woke me up with sad eyes.

"Awww. Mom. I'll come visit. I promise." I say sitting up and hugging her.

"I know." She says and kisses my forehead.

"Well your leaving in about three hours so get up and get dressed." She says and leaves my room with a tear falling down her cheek. I sigh getting up and walking slowly to the bathroom to take a shower. I look at myself in the mirror and notice that I forgot to remove my makeup from yesterday. I look like a mess. I sigh and grab my makeup remover wipes and clean my face of the makeup. After ridding my face of the makeup from yesterday I strip of my clothes and jump into the warm shower. I stand there for a good few minutes with my head down and the shower spurting the hot water onto my neck. The mussels in my neck calm with in five minutes of the water hitting it but I stand there for longer letting the water calm the rest of my body. I cleaned my hair and body and just stood there letting the water work it's magic. Once the water ran cold I got out. I wrapped my fluffy blue towel around my body and walked back into my room and over to the clothes I had set out on my bed. I put on my undergarments and the my faded ripped blue jeans and my cut off shirt that says 'bitch? Sorry I'm not a female dog.' On the front and on the back it says: 'But I am a she-wolf'. After that I put on some light makeup and my boot/heels. I smiled at my look in the mirror and noticed Fred still sleeping on the bed. I walked over and picked him up and carried him to the bathroom.

"Who wants a bath?" I question in a fake high voice to make it sound fun. He shakes his head and I frown.

"To bad. You smell." I say and turn on the water to warm and fill up the bathroom sink. I carry him with me to go get some pet shampoo from my room. Don't ask. And the conditioner. I carry him back to my bathroom and turn off the water and feel it. I set him in and at first he squirms but once he was in the water he was as relaxed as he was when he was sleeping. The shampoo and conditioner I have is animal friendly so if it gets in his eyes it doesn't do anything or hurt. I drain some water and squirt the shampoo on his back and I massage it into his fur cleaning it out. He starts purring like a cat and I dunk him under water while quickly scrubbing his fur. I pull him out and he coughs up water and glares at me.

"Sorry. I had to. Let me clean out the water and you can go back in for a rinse without going under and the I'll get new water again and you can relax for ten minutes or so." I say setting him on the towel next to the sink and cleaning out the water. After filling it with new water I set him back in and turn the water on again. I set him under it and rinse out his fur again then take him out and put in new clean water. I set him back in and he closes his eyes so I take out some water so he can't drown if he falls asleep. I roll my eyes and go to pack my other things. After I packed I still had like two hours so I decided to go hang out in the woods. I picked Fred off of the counter in the bathroom and ran out of the house like my tail was on fire. Once in the woods I set Fred down and shifted, picked Fred back up in my mouth, and ran to the clearing. I set him down and build another fire finding out that I can breath fire. Sweet. I'm a dragon. Me and Fred laid there just staring at the fire. After two hours of watching the fire and playing with Fred around the clearing my dad contacted my in mind link and told me it was time to come home. I sighed and carried Fred back to the house. I shifted and pulled my robe tighter around me before picking Fred up and carrying him inside. I set him on my bed and walked to my closet pulling on a pair of undergarments. I took off my robe and watched it disappear into thin air. I pulled on a pair of skinny ripped jeans and a grey t-shirt. I pulled on a pair of red polka dotted socks and my grey converse that match my shirt. While I was brushing my hair there was a rough knock on my door and I set my brush down and walked over to the door. When I opened the door I was surprised to see Black standing there. He gave me a once over and his eyes held lust, love, adoration, hurt, then a blank expression. It happened really fast and I nearly missed the emotions.

"We are leaving in 10 minutes." He says in a blank tone walking into my room and grabbing my bags. Fred hisses and chatters at him and Black growls back before leaving. I sigh and grab my last bag and Fred before walking out. I stop at the door to examine my empty room and I sigh. A single tear falls and I close the door before walking down the hall, stairs and out the door. Walking off the porch I get greeted by my parents and my best friend. All whom are crying a river together. I set my bag down and hug each other them. When I turn to grab my bag again it's gone and Black is setting it in the trunk of his car.

"Come on. We have to go if we are to make it back before nightfall. I nod sadly and he looks at me with a minuscule amount of sadness I only noticed it because I could feel his sadness for me. He is hiding something that is making him hate me. What is it? Is it that I wasn't the mate he was expecting? It can't be because I have more power. If he were power deprived he would be constantly attacking and taking over packs, plus he wouldn't be feeling emotions for his mate. Especially if he hate said mate. I brush the thought away for now creating a mental note to come back to it. I sniffle while I get into the passenger seat with Fred and I wait silently while Black get situated. He climbs in the driver seat and puts his seatbelt on. He turn the radio on and changes to a station he likes the he proceeds to turn on the truck and drive. I soon fall asleep thinking of what it would be like to have a mate that actually cared about me and didn't hide that he did. But most of all. I was thinking of why Black was hiding that he loved me if not, At least liked me. If not, acknowledges me the slightest or its just his wolf.