Chapter Six

2 days later.

The past two days have been hopeless. Black never stays in the same room as me for more then 5 seconds and I can't sleep. My wolf won't stay still and it's extremely annoying when I have to wake up at 2:30 every morning for training and I only get maybe 30 minutes of sleep. Right now it's 9:48 and it's the weekend meaning that I get to 'sleep' in. Considering I'm not actually sleeping. I sigh and decide I'm done laying for today and I get up. Shuffling my feet I reach the bathroom after taking a trip to my closet for clothes. I set them down on the counter and turn the shower to warm. I step in after stripping and I stand there letting the hot water untie my mussels. After my thirty minute shower I climb out and get dressed. I sigh putting my jean shorts on and petting Fred before leaving the room. I walk down to the kitchen and notice Black in there. As soon as I walk in he leaves and I sigh. I decide to make breakfast for myself and I sit at the counter. Lydia storms in and huffs before going to the fridge and pulling stuff out for her breakfast.

"Whats up with you?" I ask and she faces me.

"Karter is being distant again. He is leaving for long periods of time and isn't returning till the dead of night and he is being extremely secretive. What if he is cheating on me, What if its with one of my friends. What am I gonna do? I mean I haven't felt any pain to prove he is cheating so he might not be but I just want my mate----" Is all she gets out before I interrupt her

"What makes you think you have something about your mate to complain about. So what he doesn't spend all his time with you." I growl at my friend whom is complaining about her mate.

"I would give anything to have my mate at least acknowledge that I'm here. My mate doesn't love me. He is cold and all I asked for was for someone to love me. I sleep in a guest room, I barely sleep, I don't have arms wrapped around me to protect me from my bad dreams or my nightmares of my past, you have nothing to complain about, my mate treats me like I'm not even there. But here you are. Complaining that you think yours has been distant. At least you have someone to comfort you at night when your sad or scared." I yell at her with tears down my face before running off out of the house and into the woods. Little did I know, Black was listening... The whole time.

As I ran into the woods I shifted and flew like the wind. Dodging boulder and occasionally jumping over some. I ran into a tree or two but all it did was break in half and fall to the floor. All I can see is red. My wolf is controlling me and I cant help but let the tears fall. My wolf pulls to a screeching halt and gives me control back. Marcus is there in his wolf form. Our scroll keeper is the only person more powerful than us. That is why they are chosen by the moon goddess to train us and protect us. He walks closer holding his head high and his face always towards mine with his teeth bared.

"Calm down." He demands and I shift back throwing him against a rock. He gets up anyways and his eyes are an enchanted navy blue.

He holds his hand out towards me and I feel myself begin to get weak but I fight against it. I push forward and throw fire at him. His face is burnt but he heals himself and shifts again. I shift to and it turns into a full on fight. At first we circle each other looking for a weak spot. I fake a weak foot and Marcus lunges towards my hind leg. I spin and grab him by the neck holding him tightly. He snaps his jaw down on my front right paw and I yelp letting go of his neck and he gets away. He grabs my neck and quickly shifts inserting me with a serum that forces you to change back and pass out. I fight against the serum but he hits my pressure point and I cant hold it back any longer. I finally allow the serum to work and I pass out in my robe.

Marcus' POV

It hurt me to fight her but she was out of control. She wasn't thinking clearly and her mind was clouded with anger, hurt, and sadness. I sighed letting her go and standing up before tying my robe shut and then her and picking her up. I carried her back to the house and in through the back door.