Recap, Questions, and Preview!

Huge Recap:

After Vanessa McWright has a talk with her dad, she moves in with her mom.

On Vanessa’s first day at Gates High School she meets many new people, E.J Pollard, a popular, big ego, jerk, that at times can be very nice.  Parker Pollard, who is an all around nice guy. Victor, a bad boy, that wants revenge on E.J, for who knows what…Elasha Pollard, who is adopted into the Pollard family, she is bubbly teen that has a best friend named Grubber.

Also on the first day E.J marks Vanessa (if you have no idea what I mean, go back to chapter one and look towards the middle end and you will read what I am talking about), and let’s just says she was not happy with that.

Vanessa soon gets blackmailed into two things, one to join the all girls basketball team, she accepts because the coach is threatening to suspend her if she doesn’t. At first she doesn’t care, but her mom makes it clear to Vanessa that she wants no trouble form her this year (After her mom finds out that Vanessa got detention on the first day, she tells Van that she wants her to be good this year.). So in order for Vanessa to not get in trouble by her mom and keep her mom from getting mad, she accepts the coach’s offer.

The second thing she gets blackmailed into doing is becoming E.J’s girlfriend, so he can make is EX jealous. He tells her that if she doesn’t does it that he will tell the whole school about her past…and since Vanessa’s mom works for E.J’s dad E.J says he can get her mom fired.  Once again Vanessa has to choose what will make her mom happy, and she becomes E.J’s girlfriend.

After a day at practice, Vanessa watches a movie, after watching the movie a light bulb went off in her head, and she realizes that E.J never had an EX and that his threats were empty. She went to school the next day to hunt him down, but when she caught up with him, she was very sick and he took her home.

3 days she is all better and her mom talks to her telling her that E.J and Parker helped her all while she was sick. Also her mom says that she wants Vanessa to break up with E.J. They get into an argument and Vanessa storms out of the house.

Vanessa goes to a park where she ends up seeing and talking to Victor. He takes him to get some ice cream, and when he takes her home he and Vanessa notice that Parker and E.J are on the porch watching them. Victor tries forcefully to kiss Vanessa she doesn’t give in and finally Parker plus E.J come in and save the day. In the end, E.J has a bloody nose and Victor threaten that the fight was not over as he got in his car.

Later that day, Vanessa finds out that Parker likes his ADOPTED sister Elasha. And that she is being force to go to the mall and a party that takes place tomorrow night.

Things you need to remember and question:

Why did E.J mark Vanessa Purple? And what does that color mean?

Why does Vanessa call E.J a Nerd and he why does he call her Barbie?

When Vanessa was talking on the phone with her dad and her mention someone named Bait. Who is Bait and what does his have to do with her?

Why does Vanessa’s mom want her to break up with E.J? What is her mom hiding?

Why did Vanessa’s dad want Vanessa to live with her mom?

When Vanessa’s dad calls why does he keep saying he needs to talk to her?

When Vanessa sat down to watch the movie she said that she had seen the movie before with someone. Who was that someone and why did the thought of whomever it was make her smile?

Why are Victor and E.J enemies? (Unless you fully believe that Victor and E.J don’t get a long because of their social status…but come on if it was that simple there would question…)

Is Victor planning some kind of revenge on E.J, Parker and maybe Vanessa for beating him up? (What would be the fun of letting them get away with it and Victor disappearing from the book?)

When Elasha explained that a bad boy and a poplar kid don’t mix, why did Vanessa think otherwise by thinking that she has had her fair share of both? What does that mean?

When Vanessa’s mom brought up Vanessa detention, her mom said Van was a trouble maker and that when Van moved out here she had hoped that she would change…What’s that suppose to mean?

Please remember that:

Elasha is adopted  few people have said that it is not right for Parker to like her because she is his sister, when in fact he is not related to her at all.

Yes, all your questions will be answered, not all at once, slowly over time.

If there are any more questions please Private message me, and I will reply ASAP.

Thank you to everyone who has reviewed and commented.

Next chapter will be sometime next week!

7/16/11

Preview of next week’s chapter:

 “You’re better not be looking up my dress, you pervert.” I said slowly getting down the ladder.

“Where you trying to escape?”

“Trying, yes,” I admitted to E.J as I reached the bottom of the ladder. I turned and looked at E.J, and I almost thought I would pass out from how hot his was. He was in jeans and a gray shirt, his hair was slicked back, all around, perfect.  “Why are you here? I thought you were throwing a party.”

“I am, my cousin Andrew is at my apartment letting people in.”

“Your apartment?!” I was shocked he had his own place. He nodded and looked down at the grass.

“Yeah, my parents and I don’t see eye to eye.” I nodded, and then I realized I was trying to escape from going to his party. I stared at him and smiled, slowly slipping off my shoes.  He seemed to not notice, which was what I wanted.

“So, I want to say thank you and,” I looked behind him and then as loud as I could, I screamed. He turned his head to look behind him, and when he did I ran.  I pushed open our gate, got on the sidewalk and in a matter of seconds, I heard someone yell after me. I looked over my shoulders and saw E.J running after me. Not looking back again I kept running, not watching where I was going.

“Van, stop!” Yelled E.J, yeah like I am going to listen to him, I thought as I stepped into the street. I heard a honk, but it was too late I was in the middle of the street. As bright lights came towards me, I just stood there like an idiot. The car seemed to try to stop, but it couldn’t, I closed my eyes and right as I thought it was going to hit me, strong arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me out the way. I opened my eyes and saw E.J.

The car came to a screeching halt, a man opened the door, and came running towards us.

“Are you okay? Ma’am are you-Wait, Vanessa?” The guy looked at me; with a shocked expression. I stared into his blue eyes, with a smile. What the hell is he doing here? I wondered.

“Adrian!” I jumped up and out of E.J’s arms and into Adrian’s. “Omigosh, what in the world are you doing here? I’ve missed you!” I said in an excited tone of voice. He backed up from me and smiled.

“Come on babe, you wouldn’t think that I could live without you,” Adrian said, I blushed, in the corner of my eye I saw E.J, he didn’t look to happy….

I know you are all wondering:

Who is Adrian?

You will have to wait and see!

So tell me, so far who do you think she will be or should be with, and why?