Breaking All The Rules!

E.J cleared his throat, Adrian and I turned to look at him.

“Van, we do need to be heading to the party, before we are late.” Said E.J, I looked at him and growled underneath my breath, I hated the fact that I had to go to this stupid party.“Please, stop complaining and come on,” E.J half pleaded.

“Wait, am I hearing this right...Is this guy begging you to come to a party…and you are not willing to go?” Adrian asks in a shocked tone of voice. “Wow, in the week or so since you left you have changed. Last time I saw you if someone said the word party you would be on it like white on rice.” Adrian stated, I glared at him. 

I looked to my side and saw Parker’s car pulling up next to the curb, then Elasha rolled down the window and stuck her head out, “there you two are, come on, were going to be late!”  

“If you don’t want to go to the party, Van, you and I can go to dinner; I do have some big and exciting news to tell you.” Adrian said.

“Ummm, okay.” I said thinking this will get me out of going to the party with E.J.

“Who are you?” Elasha asked Adrian.

“I am Adrian.” He said with a smirk.

“Do you know Van?” Elasha questioned.

“Yeah, Vanessa and I are childhood friends, and our parents are very close.” Stated Adrian, Elasha kept on asking Adrian questions, I was about to intervene and tell Adrian that we should go, but E.J stopped me.

“I don’t think you should go with him.” E.J said as he lightly grabbed my hand.

“Why?” I asked.

“Just please come to the party.” He pleaded.

“E.J-“

“Vanessa, please.” He gave me a puppy dog face, I forced myself not to give in, I mean if you could see the face he was giving you would do anything, but I tried and in the end held my ground.

“E.J-“in a quick swift movement, E.J leaned in; we were inches from each other’s faces.

“I am begging you, to please come to my party.” I felt his breath on my face, it smelled like mint, I thought and the way his breath was hitting me sent shivers down my spine. I looked at him and slowly back away because when we were that close, butterflies formed in my stomach, and in a weird way I knew that if we stayed close like that, I would do the unthinkable, kiss him. As I backed away I noticed E.J’s expression was full of sadness, he seemed to have expectted me to give in or kiss him. I think he realized right then and there I was not going to his party. He looked really sad, and almost hurt, but I watched him try to control it and look not the least bit affected by what I said and did. In an odd way as I looked at him and saw that he was hurt by my actions, I became sad too…

“Van, are you coming?” Adrian asked, I turned and faced him. I sighed knowing I would regret this.

“No, I think I do need to go to this party after all.”

“Why are you all the sudden changing your mind?” Adrian questioned, in the corner of my eye I saw a smirk appear on E.J’s face.

“It’s just…that-“

“I just informed her that it was her boyfriend’s birthday party,” E.J admits. 

“Boyfriend, you have a boyfriend?” Adrian asked me. I slowly nodded.

“Y-yeah!” I said.

“Who is the lucky bastard?” Adrian said in a cold voice, I could tell he was mad, and I knew why…No, I am not going to tell you why Adrian is mad, you will just have to find out…