Not The End, But The Beginning Of Forever

Four Months Later

“We are not have are reception at a bar.” I gave E.J a glare, he smiled and leaned over my big belly (Mind you I am nine months pregnant and due any day now) and he kissed me. I knew it was in attempt to persuade me to let us have our wedding reception at a local bar. “I want it to be at William’s Garden with a sun set in the background, candles and hanging lights with a jazz band…but hell no am I having it at a bar with some unknown rock band playing.”

“Van, it’s not a bar,” He kissed me again. “It’s a bar and grill.” I backed away and smiled.

“Oh and that's suppose to make me want it more?” I chuckled as he face fell into a puppy dog look. “Oh, no, that is not going to work this time.” I stated, looking away trying to avoid his adorable expression.

He grabbed my chin and made me stare into his golden eyes that were so irresistible… Right when I opened my mouth to agree, I shut my eyes and bit my tongue. He let go of my chin and sighed. I had thought he had given up so I opened my eyes and smirked in victory. But then he opened his mouth.

“Lynn! Come here!” E.J shouted. I went wide eyed, knowing he was about to get Lynn to do the puppy dog face and I can never resist her when she does it.

“Don’t do it, E.J, I am begging you, don’t do it.” I said, he looked at me with a mischievous expression.

“Can we have the reception at the bar and grill?” He asked again. I shook my head

“No.” I said. Then in walked Lynn with a smile on her pretty little face. I knew once she puffed her lips and gave me that look of longing in her eyes I would give into E.J.

“Yes, E.J.” She said looking at him.

“How about we show Van our puppy dog face?” E.J asked her, she put her hand to her chin and rubbed it like she was thinking, but before she could agree with E.J I had decided to make a deal with her.

“Lynn, don’t do it, I will make you cookies, chocolate chip cookies! That is if you promise not to do it!” I said, Lynn’s eyes lit up.

“And what’ll you do if I gave Vanny a puppy face?” Lynn asked E.J.

“Ummm…” He had no idea what she would want, I could see it. I smiled in victory, but then it faded when I heard his deal, “I will let you paint the bathroom purple.” I went wide eyed at him, oh no he didn’t. I gave him a glare, and thought about what I could offer.

“I will make you strawberry pancakes! Plus Lynn think about it two months after the babies are born we are moving to my dad’s house…or shall I say a new home and I can promise that when we move you can have your own bathroom. Whereas E.J is promising to let you paint the bathroom here at the apartment, and we will only be here for a month or so more.” I said. She looked at me and nodded.

“I will take you to Chucky Cheese!” E.J shouted.