Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Cheryl’s POV

After spending an hour or so on Nicolas couch talking to Kim about absolutely everything that had happened in the past 10 years, Kim turned to Kara and asked her if she would like to get some lunch so that she could get to know her daughter again. That was when I realised that it shouldn’t be like this; she shouldn’t have to be getting to know her daughter. I shouldn’t have taken her away to begin with. That’s when I knew I wanted to remain in England and I could tell Kara felt the same, she was obviously so much happier and better off here. Maybe Nadine was right, maybe this change in atmosphere would be good for her.

I watched how Kim interacted with Kara, each smile, each gesture, each joke. She was happy, I couldn’t remember the last time I had seen Kara truly happy or Kim for that matter. Kim suddenly turned to smile at me, I had a feeling I had just been asked something but I had no idea what due to my lack of attention span when it came to Kimberley Jane Walsh.’Mam, I asked if you wanted to come… Ya know… To lunch’ Kara asked. ‘Yeah sure’ I smiled in response. Oh. My. God. I was going to lunch with Kimberley. I know it wasn’t a date. I mean our daughter was going to be there but it was a start. But then again, what if she didn’t feel the same anymore. I mean I did cheat, break her heart and leave; I did take her daughter away from her. How do you forgive someone for that?

Kims POV

We were currently sat in a nice little Italian restaurant just around the corner from Nicola’s. I like this place and not just because I come here a lot with Summer and the girls but also because this is where me and Cheryl came on our first date and this is where we were when she first told me she loved me. This is where we were when we first talked about marriage. Although the actual proposal was much more romantic. Mind you, you wouldn’t expect much else from Cheryl, she was always the romantic.

I came home after a long day from the film studio, id been filming a new film role which was to be the last for a while before Girls Aloud came off hiatus. I walked upstairs after hanging up my coat, I found the bath full of hot water and surrounded by candles. I smiled to myself knowing that this was Cheryls doing. I noticed a pink envelope on the side, I opened it and began to read.

         Kimba, I hope you like the bath, when you’ve finished there will be a gorgeous dress, courtesy of me laid out on the bed, I would like you to put it on and then meet me outside for the beginning of our date. 

         I love you so much!

            Love Cheryl xxx

I smiled to myself as I finished reading. I quickly finished my bath and put the dress on. It was a gorgeous black one shoulder dress and I loved it. I finished getting ready and made my way downstairs. As I walked outside I gasped, there in front of me was a limo with a cheuffeur waiting for me. I was shocked to say the least. Cheryl was nowhere to be seen and I was beginning to wonder what she was up to. I was helped into the limo and offered a glass of Champaigne. The windows were blacked out so I couldn’t see where we were going and was a bit confused. Finally the limo came to a stop and the Cheuffeur helped me out. There was Cheryl in a beautiful white dress waiting by a horse and cart ready for the next part of the trip. I raised my eyes at her and she winked in return before taking my hand and helping me into the cart. I sat down and she sat beside me. Soo we were moving and I just took in my surroundings as we went. Finally we came to a clearing in the middle of the park and the horses slowed to a halt. Cheryl helped me down and lead me to a tree. It is only now that I realise that she is carrying a basket and it is only now that I realise exactly what tree we are sat under for there carved straight into that tree reads; C.T LOVES K.W FOREVER. I remember coming here on our 1 month anniversary and Cheryl had carved that. I was shocked to say the least that she had brought me back here. We ate our picnic in silence as we cuddled up together in the brisk winter air and as she leant into my ear, she whispered words of love before saying ‘marry me’. When I turned round to stare at her she was holding a box encasing a gorgeous white gold diamond encrusted engagement ring. And that was when I knew; I didn’t even have to think before giving my answer ‘Yes’.

I looked towards Cheryl once Kara had got up to go to the bathroom, I took a deep breath and spoke softly ‘Come to dinner with me tonight?’