Chapter 43

Chapter 43: Kim’s POV

‘Stop fussing over me, im not a *Ducking* child’ screamed Cheryl as I tried offering her some breakfast. I knew the cancer would end up taking its toll on her but I never expected it to get this bad. Over the past two weeks it just seemed like I couldn’t do anything right and all she did was snap at me and get angry. I just didn’t understand, she didn’t seem to be like this with the girls or Nadz, Nic and Sarah so maybe it was just me, I kept pissing her off in some way. ‘I was just trying to help’ I offered, ‘Yeah, well I don’t need your help! I don’t need anybodys help. I can cope on my own, im not a *Ducking* invalid’ screamed Cheryl before grabbing some bread and putting it in the toaster. I just slumped down onto a seat at the table and grabbed one of the magazines that Cheryl had been looking at a couple of weeks ago.

I flicked through the pages looking at various venues, I knew that things werent perfect right now but I still knew that she was the one I wanted to marry, the one I wanted to say my vows too, til death do us part even if the end wasn’t far away. I found myself staring at a gorgeous venue, it looked like a princess’s castle and it was absolutely stunning; bet it was out of our pricerange though but for Cheryl, I would do anything. She obviously loved the venue because she had put a star by it. She had put stars by everything she liked I the magazines and this one had a huge star accompanied by my name and loads of hearts so im guessing it was a favourite. I knew what I was going to do today; I was going to plan the perfect wedding even if I had to apply for a loan to cover it.

I took a deep breath and grabbed my phone, we still hadnt spoken about our issues properly as I was trying when Cheryl got rushed to hospital but I knew there was only one person that could help me today. I glanced at Cheryl out of the corner of my eye, she was just glaring at the toaster so I thought id leave her to it as she wasn’t paying any attention to me anyways. I glanced back at my phone and started typing out the message: Hey Nadz, just wondering if you are free today, need your help with something… Kind of need someone to talk too aswell, you’re the only person that seems to get Cheryl xx. I glanced back up towards my fiance to see that she was just staring at the toaster again but this time with tears streaming down her face.

I felt my heart breaking at the sight, I knew she was just trying to be strong and that it would only be a matter of time before she broke down. I got up and walked towards her, I turned her to face me, wrapping my arms around her shaking body. ‘Go away Kimba’ she cried as she started hitting my chest. I just let her because I knew it was her way of dealing. ‘Hey baby, come on, its going to be ok, we will be ok, I love you Chez’ I mumbled into her ear causing her to finally give in and colapse into my arms. I held her as she continued to cry into my shoulder. ‘I don’t want to die Kimba, I don’t want to leave you and the kids!’ She screamed through her cries. ‘I thought if I was horrible to you, it would make it easier, leaving you, but it just made it harder’ she continued. ‘Its ok baby, let it out, I understand but you’ve got to talk more woman!, let me in, I want to help you deal with this, be there for you but I cant if you keep it all in and just snap at me all the time’ I explained calmly. She sniffed a bit and I wiped her eyes before kissing her lightly on the head. ‘I know baby, im sorry’ she cried, ‘It’s ok Chez, come here’ I pulled her towards the table and pulled her down onto a chair.

I sat next to her just holding her until she seemed to calm down a bit, ‘right you sit there and I’ll make you a hot drink and something to eat, what would you lke? Anything you want in the whole world’ I asked, she raised her eye at me and smirked before replying; ‘You?’. I rolled my eyes before plonking myself down on her lap, ‘Im not on the menu! But there we go, see, you are smiling again, theres that smile ive missed’ I grin before kissing her lightly on the forehead. ‘If you are good then later, im all yours’ I winked before walking back over to the cupboard. ‘Pancakes Kimba, Id like pancakes’ she smiles. I nod my head before getting out all the ingredients.

I sit at the table just watching Cheryl finish her panakes, suddenly my phone beeps, I quickly grab it and start reading the message; Babes, I am so not the only person that gets Cheryl, she wouldn’t cope without you Kimba and you know that, just give her time. Mmm Im free all day, what did you have in mind? Xx I smile before typing out a quick reply, Meet me in the Starbucks near Nic’s in an hour x.

I looked up to see Cheryl staring at me having finished her pancakes. ‘What? You ok?’ I asked, ‘You tell me? You just looked kinda guilty, that’s all’ She smiled slightly. ‘Not guilty, just secretive’ I smirked knowing exactly how to tease Cheryl. I looked towards her to find her batting her best puppy dog eyes and the cutest pout. I cracked up laughing as I stood up, I walked towards her and sat on her lap. ‘You can quit that aswell, it aint gunna work this time, it’s a surprise’ I giggled before planting a kiss on her pouted lips and getting up, walking out the room.

I stepped into the shower and put my hands on the wall as I felt the warm warm cascade over me. Suddenly I felt a pair of small arms wrap around my waist from behind. ‘And what are you doing in here?’ I smirked with a raised eyebrow, ‘I was lonely’ Cheryl replied with a small pout on her face, I laughed before turning myself around to face her. I wrapped my arms around her neck as I pinned her up against the wall with my body, pressing myself against her. ‘Oh so it had nothing to do with the fact that you want to try and coax out of me what that surprise is’ I smirked as I pushed my knee between her legs. ‘Uh, no’ she moaned barely able to get the words out. I removed my leg and moved myself backwards. ‘What, whyd you stop’ Cheryl groaned in frustration, ‘You said no’ I smirked, knowing exactly the reaction that I would get. ‘Yeah, but I didn’t say no to that, come back’ she mumbled, I cracked up laughing in response. ‘On one condition’ I whispered as I moved forward, I pressed my body back against hers and held her hands above her head. ‘Uh whats… that’ groaned Cheryl, ‘stop asking about that surprise and just let me *Duck* you’ I whispered. I barely let her give her reply before I had crashed my lips into hers.