Chapter 22

Chapter 22: Kim’s POV

The minute I had hung up from Nadine, I was out of that door as fast as I could be, I was so worried. I know it was only a panic attack but I still couldn’t believe what Cheryl must have been through. In a way I still kind of blamed myself, I mean if id have stuck by her all those years ago, maybe it wouldn’t have got this bad and she would have got the help she needed. As much as I was mad at Nadine at the moment, I was thankful that she had been there for Cheryl. I didn’t really want to be seeing Nadine right now but I knew I had to be there for Cheryl.

I got in my car and drove to My house as fast as I could. I got out and ran up the path, bursting through the door and into the living room. Nadine looked up at me, ‘shes asleep now, she didn’t want to be left alone’ Nadine said awkwardly, I nodded before replying ‘Thanks’ and looking back down towards the floor. ‘And Kim’ Nadz started, I glanced up at her, ‘Im sorry’ she continued. I nodded again before turning away; ‘I know, I just need some time to think’ I spoke softly before looking away again. ‘Ok, I guess I’l just see you around then’ she said before leaving the house, closing the door behind her. I sighed, I knew I had promised Nic that would try but I just couldn’t think about that at the moment.

I sat on the edge of the sofa that Cheryl was sprawled out on, I ran my fingers gently up and down her arm and kissed her lightly on the forehead. ‘Kimba’ Cheryl questioned her voice full of sleep. ‘Yeah, im here baby’ I smiled before kneeling on the floor so I could look at her properly. ‘Kim, the press, they wrote stories’ Cheryl said quietly, obviously panicked by the whole situation. I smiled; ‘its ok beautiful, we’ll get through it, together we can get through anything’ I whispered. She nodded and repeated quietly; ‘Together we can get through anything’. I nodded before leaning down to capture her lips in a searing kiss.

After Cheryl had drifted back to sleep on the sofa, I crept into the kitchen to prepare us both some lunch. I decided o just make us both some pasta with a sauce because it was quick and I didn’t want to leave Cheryl for too long. After serving our lunch onto plates, I took them into the living room and placed them on the coffee table. I walked over to chez and stroked her cheek in order to arouse her from her sleep. She smiled up at me, ‘I made you some lunch, you need to eat something’ I smiled. She just nodded and then whispered a quiet ‘thankyou’ before sitting up to allow me to sit next to her. I sat down and we continued to eat in silence. ‘Thankyou Kimba, that was really nice’ Cheryl smiled. ‘No problem babe’. I went into the kitchen to put the plates in the sink before returning.

We curled up on the sofa together and just cuddled. I couldn’t believe that I had got my Cheryl back and we were finally happy. Nothing could change that. I was in love and nothing was coming between us this time especially not Emily. ‘Babe’ I whispered, she looked up at me expectantly. ‘Do you and Kara want to move back in permanently?’ I continued quietly before looking away, blushing considerably. Cheryl took my chin in her hand and turned my head back towards her. ‘Yes Kimba I would love too, there is no way that im going back to the states now that I have you back in my life, I want to do things right this time and I love you so much. I want our family back’ she spoke through tears. ‘Babe, hey don’t cry’ I whispered before embracing her in a hug. ‘Im just happy, they are happy tears’ She cried. ‘I just can’t believe I messed it up before’ Cheryl continued as I held her.