Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Kara’s POV

I sat waiting for mam to finish getting ready; I swear that woman takes longer than the rest of the band put together. I knew for a fact that mum would already be ready and waiting by now, she’s always early and on time. Mam and mum are so completely different that sometimes I find myself really wondering how they became so made for eachother. Summer completely and utterly takes after mum. Shes the good girl, always trying hard and working hard at school, putting all her effort in, handing in all her homework on time, revising really hard for her exams, never doing a thing wrong. She was always like that, even when she was 7. I get the feeling she hasn’t changed a bit. I was more like mam, starting fights, smoking, always in trouble, that was me. I don’t think ive ever handed in a piece of work on time. I just wasn’t interested.

Suddenly I looked towards the stairs and saw mam walk down them looking so completely stunning as usual. ‘Ready to go’ she smiled at me, ‘yeah, completely. You look stunning mam’ I replied with a smile.’Thanks… Im letting you go to Summer’s with Taylor because you have a lot to catch up on but you are still grounded for jetting it over here in the first place’ mam stated. ‘But mam’ I whined. ‘Yes Kara, I know you were supposed to be going out with Taylor tonight but that will have to wait and I will be checking with Summer that you stayed in once I get back’ Mam continued. ‘If you come back tonight that is’ I mumbled. Nadine and Nicola sniggered in the background. ‘Um excuse me Kara… and you two are not helping’ she turned towards Nadz and Nic. I couldn’t help but smile. Mam rolled her eyes; ‘Come on you two’ she beckoned to Taylor and me. I smirked and followed her out the house dragging Taylor with me.

Cheryl’s POV

I was so nervous it was unbelievable, I felt like I was that same girl going on a date for the first time all those years ago. I was shaking. I pulled up outside Kim’s house and just sat there for what seemed like ages. ‘Mam’ Kara whispered, I turned towards my daughter and took a deep breath. ‘Just be yourself mam’ Kara smiled. I think I must have smoked about 5 cigarettes in the past half hour just to try and calm my nerves but what was I scared of? It’s Kimberley for crying out loud, we were married for 9 years, and we have two amazing kids together so whats wrong I thought to myself as I dragged myself out of the car. I breathed heavily as I slowly made my way up the path followed by Kara and Taylor. I smiled slightly as my worries slowly began to fade as I knocked on the door. Suddenly the door swung open and there stood a teenage girl who looked the spitting image of Kimba. ‘Hey mam’ she whispered shyly. ‘Summer, Oh my God, you look so grown up’ I stated, totally amazed at how much more grown up she looked compared to Kara when in reality there was only two years between them. I flung my arms around my daughter’s neck and hugged her for ages. I was in shock at the prospect of seeing Summer again when before, I thought that day would never come.

I looked towards the staircase as I heard someone make their way down it. I lost all use of my vocal chords as I saw Kim make her way down the steps in a stunning black dress that really accentuated her curves. ‘Hey’ Kim smiled whilst biting her lip slightly. ‘Hi’ I mouthed back. ‘Mammmmm’ Kara yelled whilst waving her hand in front of my face. ‘What Kara, like seriously’ I replied whilst raising my eyes upwards. ‘Stop flirting and just go’ Kara replied with an exasperated tone. Kim giggled in response and I rolled my eyes at my daughter. ‘Now, Kara, remember that you are grounded and are not to leave the house, answer the door or the phone. Have I made myself clear?’ I questioned. ‘Yes Mam, I will be good’ Kara replied sarcastically. ‘Im being serious’ I stated before making my way down the garden path with Kim.

Kara’s POV

‘Right so not for the plan’ I stated with a smirk as I dragged Taylor towards the front door. ‘Wwwwwhat plan’ Summer stuttered. ‘Oh come on Sum, you don’t expect me to sit around here all night do you? Plus I had plans’ I laughed. Summer raised her eyes as if to question my motives but I didn’t care, noone, not even mam told me to stay in. ‘But you don’t even know London’ Summer complained. ‘Plus mam told you to stay in because you are grounded’ she continued. ‘Like seriously Summer, could you be anymore boring?! Well we are going, feel free to join us’ I replied. I then made my way out the front door towards the street followed by Taylor. I lit a cigarette as I started my descent down the street holding Taylors hand in my other hand. We walked hand in hand until we came to a restaurant; I dragged Taylor inside and found a booth. ‘Its nice in here’ Taylor smiled as she took in the décor.

Kim’s POV

I was currently sat across from Cheryl in a really expensive restaurant in down town. The place was absolutely stunning and Cheryls stunning complexion looked even better in the candle light. I held her hand across the table whilst I ate and we talked about everything that had happened in the past 10 years. I finally learnt the details of Kara’s behaviour problems. She had already been suspended twice. Reminded me a lot of her mam. After dinner, I paid before dragging Cheryl out of the restaurant and towards the Thames. ‘Where are you taking me’ Cheryl giggled. I raised my eyes and smirked at her, ‘You’ll see’ I giggled in reply. I dragged her towards the London Eye and she gasped. She had lived in London for years before leaving for LA but had still never gone on the Eye even though she had desperately wanted too. ‘Oh My God, No way’ She screeched. I just nodded as I laughed at her expected happiness. I was so happy and I didn’t want this date to end. Nothing could ruin this moment.

Summer’s POV

I was currently sat watching a boring old film on TV, maybe I was boring, maybe I did need to live a bit more. I was 17 but acted way too mature all the time. Suddenly my phone rang, ‘Hello’ I breathed into the receiver. ‘Summer, is that you’ Came the reply. ‘Kara? Whats wrong?’ I spoke, getting a bit more worried now. ‘I kinda got in a fight’ She replied. ‘Why, what happened, with whom’ I screeched, not sure whether I wanted to know the answer or not. ‘This girl she was shouting homophobic comments at us and said some stuff about Taylor so I flipped’ Kara cried. ‘Ok ok ok calm down, so whats wrong’ I replied softly. ‘Well…. We kinda got taken to the police station and need a guardian to pick us up and I thought you could be our guardian?’ she questioned. I gasped. ‘Oh My God! Mam is going to kill you and im only 17! How the hell can I be your guardian’ I screamed. ‘Plus, I thought you said that you’d change if you were in England, how is causing a fight changing’ I screeched. ‘You are in so much trouble’ I continued. ‘Kara cried down the phone continuously. ‘Please Summer, Im begging you, I don’t wanna ruin mams date, she was excited’ Kara cried. ‘Ok, where are you?’ I questioned as I grabbed a note pad and pen from the school rucksack. This would be the first time id disobeyed mum ever but this was my sister and she wanted my help….