Chapter 33

Chapter 33: Summer’s POV

I felt nautious and my head was pounding. I felt two lots of arms wrapped around me and I was shivering and crying uncontrollably. ‘Sum, Im going to have to phone mum to come get us, its gone 11, we’ve missed curfew and im going to have to explain’ Kara said gently. I shook my head vigourously, ‘Phone mam, she will understand more, don’t tell her whats happened yet, just ask her to come get us please’ I cried. Kara nodded before removing herself from my strong grasp in order to go get her phone. I clung onto Alyssa for dear life. I was scared of moving, I was scared of talking, it made what happened real. I listened to parts of Kara’s phone conversation before zoning out.

Kara walked back over and sat down beside me beginning to stroke my leg as a way of trying to calm me down as I shook beside her. ‘Shes on her way, I told her not to ask too many questions and that we would explain when she got here but I couldn’t stop her from bringing mum with her. She didn’t want to lie to her anymore’ she sighed. I just nodded before looking towards the window. Suddenly Alyssa got up with a face like thunder, ‘Alyssa’ Kara spoke calmly to try and stop her from doing anything stupid. ‘Kara, I can’t just stand around and watch him do this, hes my brother but I hate him for what hes done’ Alyssa screamed before turning and storming out the room.

I felt a tug on my hand as I was dragged out the room and down the stairs by Kara. As she dragged me out the front door, we were just in time to see the commotion that was about to happen. Luke had been casually laughing and smoking with his friends when Alyssa stormed over and started yelling. Suddenly a car pulled up and mum and mam got out. ‘You *Ducking* *Bar Steward*’ Alyssa screamed, ‘You may be my *Ducking* brother but I *Ducking* hate you, I aint staying here while you are in this *Ducking* house! No brother of mine thinks they can take advantage of and rape an innocent girl just because shes drunk!’ She shouted. Everyone around them gasped at the accusation.

Kara walked over, ‘Babe, calm down’ she spoke calmly, grabbing her hand to try and pull her back over to me. Alyssa wasn’t having any of it, she yanked her hand away and flung herself at him. ‘Oh come off it, she was asking for it’ he laughed. At that comment Kara yanked herself away from me and stormed over grabbing Luke, throwing a punch right in his jaw. ‘What was that for you psycho *Female Dog*’ he yelled. ‘What was that for you ask? That was for raping my sister’ she yelled back before bringing her thist back and punching him again. ‘That was for saying she asked for it you *Ducking* wanker’ she screamed. She was now in tears as she turned round and ran into mams waiting arms.

Cheryl’s POV

I wrapped my arms around Kara as the boy ran away. I couldn’t believe what I had just heard. I passed Kara to Kim and made my way over to Summer. ‘Wanna talk about it? I know what you’re going through, its awful’ I whispered. Summer gradually looked up to face me, ‘How could you possibly know?’ She snapped. I wrapped my arms around her before saying ‘I was raped, Kara saw, I can still picture it now, still remember it like it was yesterday, I know what its like so if you ever want to talk about it, im here’ I replied before holding her tight. I felt Summer gasp beside me. That was the first time id talked about it, I hadnt even told Nadine, Kara had.

I was fuming and just by looking at Kim, I could tell she was aswell. If it wasn’t for Summer pinning me down and Kara clinging onto Kim, im sure one of us would have chased him and beat the crap out of him. I was still contemplating it.I was trying so hard not to focus on it because that’s how my panic attacks and depression started. I could sense that Kim kept looking at me and I knew it was because she was worried about how I was going to react. She hadnt seen one of my panic attacks yet and I didn’t want her to have to see it now. However I could feel myself beginning to hyperventilate and my breathing was getting heavy.

I felt Summer move from my embrace and turn to look at me,’mam are you ok?’ she asked with a worried expression. I just nodded in response because I didn’t trust my voice. I clenched my thists together and tried to hold in the tears. I could see Kim starting to move towards me with worry in her eyes. I couldn’t hold it any longer and before id had a chance to turn to look at her, the tears were streaming down my face. Kim raced over and wrapped her arms around me as I started hitting at her. I felt like I couldn’t breath, I just wanted to scream. I felt like it was happening to me all over again. I hadnt even told Kim what had happened that night, id just bottled everything up hoping that id never have to mention it again but I should have known it wouldn’t work out that way.

‘Sing to me’ I mumbled into Kim’s neck as I started to hyperventilate again. She pulled away a bit just to look at me with a confused look, ‘It helps when Nadine does it’ I mumble again. She just nodded before starting to sing; ‘I can't talk, I've got the wrong way, Looking up what's falling down, I can't talk I've gone back the wrong way, What is the use in what I say? I hear myself complain so I can do it again, Do it again, I give myself the blame so I get back up again. Get out of the rain’. I smile against her neck, I always used to love her voice in that song and the lyrics always reminded me of our relationship, the good and the bad. She continued to sing; ‘Baby, I miss you, so tell me

Is she really that beautiful? Woah, each time she's kissed you, tell me, Is it that really that good for you? Does she love you like I never could? Hold you tender tell you everything's good? Woah, would she hurt you? Cos I never could, does she hold your body tight all night baby?’ She paused to kiss a trail down my neck before continuing; ‘I'm talking bout a whole lotta history, I can't find a way to show what you mean to me, I've fallen all around when you miss me, I don't know what to do so tell me baby’. She stopped and turned to look at me before placing a light kiss on my lips.

I glanced up and smiled a small smile; I noticed Summer and Kara standing with Alyssa to the side, all with worried looks on their faces. I felt like an idiot, id just had a panic attack in front of all of Summer’s school friends. She was probably really embaressed of me now. I was well embaressed of myself, why couldn’t I control this? They just seemed to come on really unexpectedly and it was suddenly like I had no control over my own body or my own thoughts. I used to love Kim’s voice, I remember thinking she was perfect, for some time I just idolised her before I realised and accepted my true feelings that was; I was in love with Kimberley Jane Walsh.